PDA

View Full Version : MEP Rating Issue

pil
12th Mar 2004, 06:42
Evening peeps.

Most ratings that are initially issued by the wonderful and salient CAA are dated from the date of test. No problem, happy with that. However, I remember reading somewhere (and it was a question in my MEP theory paper) that the exception to this rule is that an initial MEP rating is valid from the date the rating is issued. Now, not too sure where I read this (can't find it in lasors), but I think it's either in the ANO or JAR FCL-1.

Anyone come across this before (and can direct my to a suitable link) or has my derriere developed the power of speech (again!).

ta in advance.

Another_CFI
12th Mar 2004, 16:43
pil,

JAR FCL 1.245 (a) states that multi-engine class ratings for aeroplanes are valid for one year from the date of issue . Hope this helps.

BlueLine
14th Mar 2004, 22:33
JAR-FCL 1.245 (3) also states that all SEP class ratings are valid for two years from the date of issue.

In the UK the date of issue of an aircraft rating is deemed to be the date of the qualifying flight test, not the date the paperwork is raised.

BEagle
15th Mar 2004, 06:36
Which means that you will lose out if the CAA doesn't return your rating validity page promptly. So always make it plain that 'time is of the essence' in the contract you enter into with the examiner who is acting on behalf of the authority - and indicate as such in a covering letter in your paperwork.

The 'valid from date of issue' rule is one thing - but as you can't actually use your rating until you get it back from the Belgrano, it seems unreasonable to date it from the date of the flight test. In my opinion it should be from the date your rating was approved at Gatwick.