PDA

View Full Version : bmibaby New Route

egnxema
11th Mar 2004, 17:22
bmibaby have announced a new daily 737 flight between Nottingham and Knock, Ireland.
:ok:

BDWW
12th Mar 2004, 00:42
While i think its great that bmibaby are starting a new route out of EMA (especially since its MAN getting most of the expansion!) but can Knock really support a daily 737? bmibaby rarely has more than 100 pax on flights to Cork (and quite often less than 60!) why does the management feel that another flight to a rural part of Ireland will be profitable??

MarkD
12th Mar 2004, 00:51
Well, Knock is already supporting or planning to support (excluding charters):

ATR42 (DUB-Aer Arann)
EMB145 (GLA-BMi from 15/3)
Dash 8 (MAN-BA, but for how long after...)
734 (MAN-Baby from 28/3)
738 (STN-Ryan)
320 (BHX-MTLite)

and now 737 from EMA.

seems like their marketing department has a serious finger out... or else Msr. Horan (RIP) has the Almighty putting the notions into the various execs heads :D

MD11FAN
13th Mar 2004, 00:21
Great, now how about some flights to somewhere more interesting and surely greater demand:

Copenhagen,Stockholm,Oslo,Helsinki,Rome,Zurich,
Madrid,Lisbon,Berlin,Dusseldorf,Frankfurt, Budapest,Warsaw,Athens etc...

Flightrider
13th Mar 2004, 01:06
Knock-Athens? Knock-Helsinki? Get a grip.

MEFLYBE
13th Mar 2004, 02:38
hehe

I think he meant from NEMA to Athens etc, not from NOC!

Regards

Mike

Flightrider
13th Mar 2004, 02:53
Either way I stand by my comment. I don't see routes like Helsinki, Athens or Warsaw being anything other than an enormous black hole. And maybe they're launching Knock because the aircraft time they have available is only long enough to get to somewhere of a flight length equivalent to Knock, which I think excludes just about everywhere on MD11fan's list. It really is about time that we moved on from fantastical lists of where people would like to see served from their local airport, whether Knock or Nottingham Leicester Derby East Midlands.

Anthony Carn
13th Mar 2004, 15:07
Knock ?

Knock ?

Who's there ?

MD11FAN
14th Mar 2004, 04:56
Flightrider,

Judging by your comments you must live within 500yds of a London airport and therefore don't care much for regional airports. My reference to Helsinki, Athens or Warsaw were merely examples of cities not served well from the Midlands. Comments like "Get a grip" make you look a complete idiot. This is supposed to be a forum so why not lose the attitude??