PDA

View Full Version : IR Test

carbonfibre
11th Mar 2004, 00:23
OK

Here goes, this is one for people who have taken the test(IRT), good or bad views all appreiciated.

I have a little over 2 weeks now until the dreaded test day, my training has gone well apart from the usual hiccups in the early stages.

The question im really after, having read the test standards, is how strict, within reason of course do they apply these standards? do they take the conditions into consideration? is the odd discretion dismissed if the rest of the flight is good? and so on

just a few questions there and i am sure that many people ask of think the same on or before the day. You hear of examiners having there little pet hates, or is this just sour grapes! i assume thats the case but not always.

Thanks in advance, happy flying all

:ok: :cool:

11th Mar 2004, 18:38
To sum it all up - They are human, so read into that what you like......!

Good luck.

Artificial Horizon
11th Mar 2004, 19:14
Carbon Fibre,

The examiners overall are very fair. The published limits are limits to use on a perfect weather day, so these are interpreted by the examiners according to the prevailing conditions.

They will not fail you if you bust one of these limits aslong as you make positive moves to correct. The only strict limit is the 250' altitude limit because this would constitute an ALT BUST which is an instant fail for that section.

In the most part you just have to try and relax, the examiners will be more than fair.

A.H.