PDA

View Full Version : Air Southwest WOW

fuzzbear01
9th Mar 2004, 05:39
News on the grapevine that Air Southwest aren't pulling in too many punters on their routes at the moment ? Anyone know if this is true .
I hope it isn't ! They've got some good ex-Citixpress working for them down there in plymouth , good people - i hope they've managed to make a go of it .
Saying that , Sutton Harbour cannot fund them forever, not with the annual profits recorded for 2003 :( . How long will it be before the Dash 8's start being returned to BA ? Vote anyone ???

a bristolian
9th Mar 2004, 16:41
All I can say is PLH_BRS_MAN has got off to a fantastic start with overall l.f in the 1st week of operation over 50%.!!!

Not exactly struggling me thinks.

Red Snake
9th Mar 2004, 17:32
I'm flying with them BRS-MAN next week. And, first time I've ever seen it, the price they advertise is price you pay. No added charges, tax, anything else! Now there's a unique concept. Good value too.

Congratulations WOW & good luck for future.

witchdoctor
9th Mar 2004, 19:11
Well I've got my fingers crossed for them. Mate of mine just got his first break in the industry with them and I'd hate to see him kicked in the balls this early in his career - he's a top bloke.:ok:

Vlad the Emailer
10th Mar 2004, 17:50
Load factors out of Plymouth have actually been very good on both the Newquay / Gatwick flights as well as the new Bristol / Manchester service. Long may it continue! (And don't believe everything you hear on the grapevine!!)

Bagso
11th Mar 2004, 00:52
the Man BRI is a WOW...

I know somebody on it last week....75% load factor both ways !

Anybody know if they offer a tie up with our Transatlantic routes ?

chiglet
11th Mar 2004, 01:21
One day into and out of Manch
41 in 20 out, 20[ish] both ways, 21 in 47 out
not three bad:ok:
watp,iktch

MerchantVenturer
11th Mar 2004, 03:16
This does sound a very encouraging start. BRS-MAN has been tried a couple of times in the past ten years by Brymon and BACx.
It never seemed to work, probably because there was only one rotation a day around lunchtime both ways.

The land journey seems interminable, especially between Plymouth and Manchester.

The current three rotations per weekday give the opportunity for a day's visit to Manchester from either Plymouth or Bristol, and it is also possible for someone from Manchester to spend a few hours in Bristol.

I really hope this airline succeeds and Plymouth could do with some more routes. It is a largish city with a tiny airport which I realise can never be expanded much, but some hops over to Europe ought to be sustainable.

FOZ
11th Mar 2004, 04:42
I would have liked to use the service for a MAN-PLH and rtn same day for 2 pax, but unfortunately the timetable does not enable. Shame, as I would have liked to support the service.