PDA

View Full Version : Air Scandic

EasyBaby
8th Mar 2004, 08:20
My partner has bought me tickets to AGP with Air Scandic, im not sure if i was more surprised at the tickets or the fact i've never heard of the airline before! Apparently they fly A300-200's out of LGW and MAN, does anyone have experience of them, should i be thanking my partner or slapping him accross the face with the tickets, will i need to pack extra sticky tape and say a few more prayers? :{

EB

eye in th' sky
8th Mar 2004, 09:11
air scandic operate 2 very old airbus thingys.

you would be wise to pack the extra tape and give your travelling companion a kick.

the overall feel i would describe as cramped, the interior of the kite needs 'modernising' but the crew were very friendly.

take a bible or other religious artifacts with u.

i flew to lanzarote with them 2 years ago and they are still in business so it cant be that bad!

enjoy

WHBM
8th Mar 2004, 17:01
Now for the boring and straightforward answer.

Air Scandic have two A300 (built 1980s) and also wet-lease in 757s for the summer, some of the newest around. The whole fleet is leased from, and looked after by, Finnair.

If you look at their website you should be able to determine which will be used for your flight.

www.airscandic.com

Seating layout is typical IT style. And have a nice holiday! No need to take your bible - the SOPs of the crew will be quite adequate !