PDA

View Full Version : First Commercial Flight

Maxflyer
5th Mar 2004, 19:22
Firstly I am a PPL not CPL, so please accept my apologies for intruding into a professional forum. Now that's out of the way, I am attempting to gather research material for a planned (fictional) book. I am after your recollections of the first (not sim) flight you ever made in either right or left seat of a commercial aircraft. You quite possibly followed the tried and tested route of PPL, CPL, FI etc and finally you got there. What did it feel like for you. I can only go by my feelings of completing my first solo in a little two seater...

I appreciate any response, although it would be preferable if it were constructive.

Many thanks.

Miserlou
6th Mar 2004, 05:12
I remember the grin on my face when the bell rang and a sweet little voice asked if we wanted anything to drink!

Made a change to the skydivers and night newspaper rounds where one mostly fends for onesself alone.

airmen
10th Mar 2004, 16:23
I was very happy, very busy, very amazed by the rate of climb and power of the engines and was looking at the clouds and ground from FL310 and had this freedom feeling which was so good...