PDA

View Full Version : FlyBE callsigns

Benix
4th Mar 2004, 22:18
Hope someone from flyBE can help me. Just wondering whether flyBE callsigns are the same as their flight numbers or whether they use alpha-numerical ones? Would be most appreciative if some one could enlighten me as i cant seem to find any info on the web anywhere :D

Ben

Easy226
5th Mar 2004, 01:56
I think they use the same callsigns as the flight numbers.
Many Thanks
Dan

AlphaCharlie
5th Mar 2004, 02:57
You will probably already know this but the FlyBe callsign is 'Jersey' dating back to the days when the airline was called Jersey European (not sure if it even dates back further to when the airline was Intra Airways operating out of Jersey ... hmmm maybe someone could answer that for me).

As I said you probably know all that but it occured to me that if you didn't that could be why you can't find any information on the web regarding FlyBe callsigns.

MaxProp
5th Mar 2004, 03:26
as stated, the 'jersey' callsign is the same as the flight number except where special arrangements exist to deconflict with other operators using the same numbers at the same time.

the company wanted to change to 'flybe', but there is already a 'flyme' somewhere in europe and the change wasnt allowed.

the problem was put out to employee ideas, but the company ended back with 'jersey'

Speedmaster
5th Mar 2004, 07:02
The sometimes stick a letter on the end, so the flight number is BE293 but the callsign would be Jersey 293 E (echo)

Spitoon
6th Mar 2004, 02:14
Just goes to show how old I'm getting but I can recall the days that Jersey was Spacegrand!

MaxProp
6th Mar 2004, 05:39
to amplify speedmasters comment, the suffixs are used to differentiate betwen sectors with the same task no. Eg 307D would be from DUBLIN to (exeter), the 307 G would be from GUERNSEY to (jersey).

Waveman
6th Mar 2004, 07:12
What about 041D/P/M/W etc? Where do these go?

MaxProp
6th Mar 2004, 15:56
these are non-revenue. P for positioining, M for maintenance, T for training.