PDA

View Full Version : Spouse interrogation at cocktail party

AT502
3rd Mar 2004, 17:45
I am wanting to know a bit of info about the cocktail party held during the second interview process. I hear the spouses get interrogated....????? If so what about ?????

As a spouse, what can I expect ?????????

Thanks

:ugh: :oh: :confused:

FaPoGai
3rd Mar 2004, 18:52
Super Trouper

You do not get interrogated. The object of the exercise is roughly as follows:--

A) Primary objective is to allow Flight Ops. management to spend some of their Entertainment allowance.

B) Secondary objective is for them to get well tanked up before heading for the more salubrious pubs in Wanchai,and then going home, up to the Peak or to Headland Drive. This puts them in a good mood to face the missus and kids at the weekend.

C) Tertiary objective is to try to assess how YOU feel about the move to H.K. They dont really want to spend a pile of dollars on HIS training only to find that what you really want is to go home to Mum.

D) There are some basic rules,which I am sure you know about anyway. But for the record they are:--
Dress well but not outrageously.
Do not talk too much
Be supportive towards HIM and his future career in one of the worlds best airlines.
AND ABOVE ALL DO NOT DRINK TOO MUCH.
Enjoy the experience. Rgds. FPG

N.B. If all else fails you can always get HIM to send a polite letter regretting your absence due your own professional comittments, sick Mum, children doing exams,etc. They are human and do understand.

AT502
3rd Mar 2004, 19:08
Thanks FaPoGai,

I have heard stories about wives been taken aside and unofficially 'interviewed'. This involving questions about HK and 'what will you do with yourself when if you move here' and so on...........!

ST

:ok:

FaPoGai
3rd Mar 2004, 19:54
Super Trooper

You will not be taken aside and unofficially interviewed. All that will be expected of you is that you are able to discuss simple matters in an objective wayand not fall over due excess of alcohol.

Just be your self and give them the answers they want to hear.
Life in H-K has its problems as it does anywhere in the world, but it also has many compensations.

Best days of my life, I hope that you enjoy it too.
Rgds. FPG

Speedlever
4th Mar 2004, 10:07
Super Trooper,

My wife attended the " Cocktail Party ", is it an interview or not. I'd say no, however, it payed off for us that when she was cornered so to speak, that she had an answer for the questions she was asked.

Where will you live.
When will you join your husband
What about schools
Do you know anyone already here

It also helped that she also had studied the local political situation in HK, do you know that under laws passed last year that as a spouse she can no longer get a work visa, so what are you going to do month in month out now that you are unable to work.

It might not be an interview, but it will help a great deal if she has put some time and effort into the " whole interview " process, and of course, all the rest, don't drink too much ect, ect. Good luck.

Flap 5
4th Mar 2004, 16:11
What is this 'weekend'? I have heard management talking about it but have never come across it myself.

Schrodingers Cat
5th Mar 2004, 16:20
There are also things that are definite disaster topics if stuck for conversation with a management retard.......

The number 49 (bad luck number for CX)

The word 'integrity' (most will not have a clue what you're on about)

Peanuts (even the cartoon strip has to be cut out of DT's paper before he reads it)

..........and for Gods sake have an answer ready for the question 'does your husband like being shafted?'
:\ :ouch: :\

FaPoGai
8th Mar 2004, 05:14
Horst Schmitt

Greetings mein chat!

I just love your sense of humor.

Meanwhile in the depths of aviation others are still taking themselves seriously!
Rgds. FPG

AT502
8th Mar 2004, 08:50
Aaahhhh................. now I am no longer nervous about attending a Cathay cocktail party, with all the helpful advice I have been given!

Feeling much more confident now, thanks to your advice Horst, I am sure I will be an asset to my husband.

Must get back to negotiating my apartment with Daddy's bankers and then off to my interior decorator. Oh busy busy me!

ST

:p

ils747
16th Mar 2004, 16:09
All this advice is a load of rubbish.

Where a short skirt, revealing top and bend over to pick up a dropped item lots. Do this enough and your hubby will be fast tracked and the next thing he will find himself on is a pattern full of long haul flts...and your phone ringing from a mysterious yet familiar voice asking if you are alone.

Just pulling your leg... dear don't show up if you are worried, your excuse is you are with other spouse gossiping about how CX mistreats their husbands...you will fit right in.

FaPoGai
19th Mar 2004, 10:54
Super Trouper

Please let us know how the party went?
Some of us out here wait with bated breath to know how you fared.

And dont forget, we want an invitation to the house warming in the apartment on Peak road.
Rgds. FPG

AT502
20th Mar 2004, 11:38
When Lionel Ritchies private jet was out of action, his family had to take a commercial flight to their destination.

When hoping on board, Lionels' daughter, Nicole turned to him and said "Daddy, why are all of these people on our plane?"

Gee, such a common mistake to make.

But seriously, back to the cocktail party, I will wear my best frock, polish up on my etiquette, be sure not to over do the drinks and be very polite and charming. I will let you know the final outcome, it will either be back to the drawing board or Peak, here I come!

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, now off to check out which club I should join first...................!

ST

FaPoGai
21st Mar 2004, 11:42
SUPER TROOPER

What a player! You cannot fail to suceed. Give the old man 3 years and he will be an STC, 5 years a fleet manager,7 years the FOD.
With a woman like you beside him he cannot fail.

See you at the cocktail party. (NB I'll be the one with the red carnation)
Rgds. FPG.

AT502
22nd Mar 2004, 00:54
Fa Po Gai,

You better not be flirting with me, cause my husband is very big and tuff!

BUT if your a REALLY important person in the recruiting process, I'm sure my husband would give his blessing to flirt right back!

ST

doubleu-anker
24th Mar 2004, 22:54
SUPER TROOPER

What a gal!! What!!?:ok:

HUSTLER
29th Mar 2004, 08:51
You never know, you might be interviewed for a position yourself!!!

The place is run by the wives of S/O's so beware

HUSTLER

doubleu-anker
7th Apr 2004, 21:58
Well Super Trooper?

How did you get on with the interview?

Please let us know. You have been keeping us all in suspenders.