PDA

View Full Version : EGCC Pier C

Honiley1R
2nd Mar 2004, 05:33
Now I know this going to sound like a complaint. Its not meant to be! I would like to hear others opinions on the WIP near to stand 21 on taxiway lima. What are they doing?? I was held for 5 minutes today (for the umteenth time) whilst another was led around the wip by the follow me. This is regularly leading to a rather quick taxi to make the slot. Can anyone enlighten me? It's about time the bottle neck was sorted out so that operations can be more smooth around pier c on Q and D. If anything parked near Q I've had it!

Thanks (sorry, but once again its not a moan - just want opnions!)

H1R

one truevoice
2nd Mar 2004, 15:04
Honiley1R

I am afraid it is just basic taxiway repairs, relaying of concrete by the looks of it. The works around ST21 have now finished, however the bad news is that they have moved up to opposite stands 6,8 and 10 on Pier B.

Hopefully should be completed by the time Easter kicks in, but going off previous years repairs I doubt it.

OTV

rampman
3rd Mar 2004, 01:54
Like one truevoice said they are ripping up the old concret and re-laying it at stands 2,4,6,8,10 on taxiway lima they started the second phase today and should be completed in 4 week's they did the first phase inthe aloted time they are only allowing aircraft upto and including A320 to use taxiway lima

cheers rampman:ok:

Honiley1R
3rd Mar 2004, 03:01
I'll just have to grin :( and bear it I guess. Thanks for the info.

H1R