PDA

View Full Version : I'm invited for an interview

oldandnew
1st Mar 2004, 20:30
Can anyone give me some info about the selectionday at sky europe. I'm invited next week. Does somebody know what I can expect, especially about the knowledge test.
Thanks

eagerbeaver
1st Mar 2004, 22:44
M.85 is your man.

oldandnew
2nd Mar 2004, 02:36
hello eagerbeaver, thanks for your reply.
I have found M.85 'name in the forum from yesterday. I've send him a mail, hopefully he'll read it before I go to Bratislava

Pointer
3rd Mar 2004, 05:09
What would you like to know, besides that what M.85 has already stated? he covers it pretty much completely!

Pointer :E

oldandnew
3rd Mar 2004, 18:31
I want to know what I can to to be prepared for the ATPL test.
Is this test just about knowing how to read approachplates?
Do you still remember all the ATPL stuff? I don't

M.85
3rd Mar 2004, 21:46
HI guys..

Im in an internet cafe in the old town of bratislave..pretty nice coffees not to mention the gorgeous cabin crews that come in and out of the office since monday..
Good way to compensate for the skinny salary..
To answer the one who pmed me ..i sent you an answer to direct you to the thread i started on B737 FO and Capts jobs in the Interview\jobs forum..
I cant tell you anything motre than that..
However you dont need to study the all JAR ATPL..not possible anyway but get the FAA one..basic knowledge is enough..if you dont get 75% at least ..means you didnt do any homework..
Its sincerely basic operational stuff....i havent flown commercially for more than 2 years and i passed so no worries..just study airlaw and ops procedures and you should be fine..

Just when you get to the interview dont focus too much on the models hanging around..it gets hard to concentrate..
The good news is that if you are selected wit very clever guys and clever than you on the day but still scored well..youll be on a WAITING list..until your score is on top of the other..understand?
Its a very fair process. and they need pilots quick,,so dont **** up ..have a few laughs ..dont stare at the gorgeous HR lady..and youll be fine..

Sincerely hope you all make it in..i love going into the office..people are great..

Ciao,

M.85

Pointer
4th Mar 2004, 06:23
M.85 means ...

Don't stare at her nice Tatoo....

Pointer :E

M.85
7th Mar 2004, 03:17
Pointer..

You got that right...
I cant resist though...but dont think i got caught as of yet..
:=

cant wait Monday...eheh

M.85

FougaMagister
9th Mar 2004, 20:41
oldandnew - check PMs.

Cheers :cool:

Lake1
12th Mar 2004, 23:54
Hello

SkyEurope looks like an interesting company. Can someone please inform how the roster pattern is?

Cheers
Lake1

M.85
14th Mar 2004, 16:31
Lake1..only ting i can tell you is that youll be flying a a lot...if you dont want go to BA...(that was unfounded sorry...)
We are a start up...

M.85

oldandnew
14th Mar 2004, 19:32
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the advises. Passed the selection, got a job-offer for the B737.

Am I happy or happy!!!!!!! :ok:

Lake1
14th Mar 2004, 19:46
M.85

Thanks for the reply. I like flying so a lot of flying is a good thing! Understand that it is a start-up and no roster pattern is set (i.e. 5 on 3 off).

Cheers
Lake1

M.85
23rd Mar 2004, 13:44
Hi Lake,

Flying is normaly 5 days on and a minimum of 48 hours rest..
The rest im not sure need to study more on that i guess.
I flew my first flight yesterday to Paris..the line capt was great and the flight uneventful..did i look cool in -SEA with Adriana painted on it?? i believe i did.... ;-)
No safety first officer at the back for line training but the high skills and great professional personality of the captains make up for it..it was awesome..flying over austria,check Republic,Germany North of switzerland and into Paris...nothing better than a 36000ft view of the Alps..

Hope youll join us soon,

Good luck!

M.85