PDA

View Full Version : MyTravel

Vinnoir
29th Feb 2004, 17:37
has anyone got any information about MYT's summer programme?
Which a/c are doing which routes, any new longhaul destinations etc???

MissChief
2nd Mar 2004, 08:44
Doubt whether MYT has the faintest clue what it will be doing a month from now!

John Boeman
2nd Mar 2004, 12:31
MissChief: In all the years I have read Pprune, with the very occasional contribution when I felt it was warranted, I have never resorted to personal comment. In your case I am going to make an exception.

hifive11
2nd Mar 2004, 16:02
MissChief

At least the company is trying to restructure - give them a chance, I bet you couldn't sort out the problems they face.

Anyway, my real point in posting is to ask how many and what type of aircraft they operate at present. I know they got rid of a couple of DC10's and I read somewhere in PPrune that two aircraft they were going to lease have now been cancelled.

What is the up to date situation and what views on the future - I hope it is all good for the staff and company

:) :)

echomikeecho
2nd Mar 2004, 19:16
John Boeman

I obviously understand what you are implying with the word ***hole, but what are you trying to add to that with "snake level"? That she is low life?

Paterbrat
2nd Mar 2004, 19:16
The name certainly fits Miss Chief, wear it with pride; business appears to have picked up a bit and the company seems quite busy, the old adage about idle hands is quite true, with the increased workload less time to speculate about doom gloom death and disaster. Hope the work continues and best of luck to the company as summer approaches.

TJ747
2nd Mar 2004, 20:43
GUYS,

I AM SICK TO DEATH WITH THE CONSTANT SLAGGING OFF ABOUT MYTRAVEL AND OUR FINANCIAL PROBLEMS, YES WE DO HAVE PROBLEMS....BUT WHO DOESNT IN THIS DAY. TAKE A LOOK AT THOMAS COOK,UK SIDE JUST ABOUT OK BUT THE GROUP ON THE WHOLE MADE NEARLY AS MUCH OPERATING LOSS AS WE DID.

WHEN DOWNSIZING A COMPANY, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ANNOUNCE A HUGE "PAPER LOSS" AS U BEGIN TO WRITE DOWN ASSETS ETC IN ORDER TO RAISE CASH TO GET YOU THROUGH. IF YOU WERE RUNNING THE COMPANY AND CASH WAS RUNNING LOW,YOU WOULD DO EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY COULD TO KEEP A WELL KNOWN,QUALITY TOUR OPERATOR AND AIRLINE AFLOAT.

THERE HAS BEEN MANY CHANGES OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS AND FIGURES SHOW THAT WE ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY AND PROFIT MARGINS ARE IN LINE....IF NOT BETTER THAN WHAT THEY WERE EXPECTING.STRONG ROMOUR HAS IT THAT WE COULD EASILY BE BACK IN PROFIT BEFORE THE DUE DATE IN 2005.

AS FOR ALL THE SUB CHARTERS ON SOME ROUTES AT PRESENT, THE LEASED A330-300 FROM SKYSERVICE WAS TAKEN BACK TO ITS LEASE COMPANY AS IT WAS BEING SOLD TO ANOTHER AIRLINE, ALTHOUGH YOU MAY THINK THAT SUBCHARTERING IS AN EXPENSIVE AND COSTLY WAY TO DO THINGS.... THE COMPANY HAS ACTUALLY SAVED APPROX 1 MILLION POUNDS BY DOING THIS.

FLEET:
DC10-30 TO REMAIN AS A BACK UP AIRCRAFT WITH A SMALL PROGRAMME FOR SUMMER BASED IN MANCHESTER.

757'S WILL SLOWLY BEING PHASED OUT AND A321'S BEING BROUGHT IN INSTEAD.

767-300 WILL BE SPEND ALOT OF TIME OPERATING FLIGHTS FROM LGW / MAN ASWELL AS FLIGHTS FROM CARDIFF AND BIRMINGAM.

A330-200 USUAL LONG HAUL ROUTES AS WELL AS SOME SHORT HAUL....LGW-PMI/IBZ/MIR/PFO ETC.

SUMMER PROG 2004:

CAN ONLY REALLY SPEAK ABOUT LGW HERE BUT IT WILL BASICALLY BE A RE-RUN OF LAST SUMMER, NO NEW DESTINATIONS AS SUCH AND THE CANADA FLIGHTS WILL BE BACK TOO.

THE PROGRAMME SEEMS SMALLER WHEN YOU FIRST LOOK AT IT BUT WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT INSTEAD OF DOING 2 FLIGHTS TO ARRECIEFE ON A THURSDAY ON AN A320....WERE JUST DOING THE ONE BUT ON A 767.
UTILISING THE AIRCRAFT BETTER.

I DO HAVE THE SUMMER PROG RIGHT HERE IN MY MUGGY PAWS AND LOOKING AT THE LOADS SO FAR FOR AUGUST...I CAN SAY THAT THE MAJORITY OF FLIGHTS ARE ALLREADY 1/2 FULL IF NOT MORE AND WE STILL HAVE 5-6MTHS TO SELL THE REST...I THINK WERE DOIN ALLRIGHT.

ALL THE STAFF AT LGW AND I KNOW AT OTHER BASES TOO WORK OUR BUTTS OFF DURING THE SUMMER TO KEEP THIS OPERATION GOING AND IT UPSETS ME TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE SLAGG OFF OUR HARD WORK THAT WE DO.
WE'RE A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN AT THE SAME TIME....I PERSONALLY....FEEL PROUD TO BE PART OF THEM AND WILL DO MY BIT TO DEFEND THE BITTER AND TWISTEDNESS OF SOME PEOPLE THAT COME ON HERE.

IF ANYBODY HAS ANY QUESTIONS THEN PLS PVT MSG ME AND THX FOR READING THIS POST BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS TIME TO TELL PEOPLE WHATS HAPPENING IN THE "MYTRAVEL WORLD".

MANY THX

TJ747

hifive11
2nd Mar 2004, 21:01
TJ747

Thanks for post and information. It is always good to hear good news.

Also, if you look at the other posts you will see that most are behind the company and want you to suceed. No one likes to see a company in difficulites to the detriment of friends. colleagues and all concerned.

I only think one post was slagging off your operation, but there is always one!!

You have our support - :ok: :ok:

expedite_climb
2nd Mar 2004, 21:02
TJ747 -

Yes they dont need to slag MYT off so much, BUT PLEASE DONT SHOUT!!!

Oh and one small point - TAKE A LOOK AT THOMAS COOK,UK SIDE JUST ABOUT OK

Err, almost £30 million profit last year, Iraq War, SARS ?????

XL ONE
2nd Mar 2004, 21:05
To answer the fleet question, have a look at www.jethros.i12.com.

With regards to My Travel and their problems, I think its great that they seem to be turning things around. Good luck to them. (Also i flew with them this summer and found the service/comfort better than many other charter)

moo
3rd Mar 2004, 00:19
Who out there is holding MYT shares? I have some but am considering topping up. Do you think they are a good buy then TJ747?

TOPFLIGHT
3rd Mar 2004, 18:38
TJ 747 - so the 757's are being phased out ? maybe down at Gatport but not up North ! will have 4 in MAN this summer-largest amount of Boeing jock's so make's sense to put most a/c there,a very sensible move ! And the 767's in usual places,1xGLA,1xLGW and 1xBHX.

TJ747
3rd Mar 2004, 18:45
sorry...was just mentioning about LGW really as the A321 are comming to us for the summer, i know that the 757 has gone to manc and i believe glasgow too, but from what we were told, they eventually want to have the 757 replaced with the A321 but im sure that will be some time yet.

cheers

tj747

Pembo330
3rd Mar 2004, 20:19
And I believe the MYT 757s are some of the oldest flying are they not?

It will be interesting to see MYT consolidate its narrowbody fleet to wholly airbus, though I would expect that to be some time away yet.

Wasn't there a rumour about the 767s going after a host of tech issues last year?

paulsstrange
4th Mar 2004, 04:10
Hi guys - Im living in Brum and interested at the BHX bases for Summer 2004 ??.. you have confirmed the 763 which im pleased about.. will we still get 2 x 320 and 1 x 321 ? or will we get a 752 ?

Thanks in advance for any info

PAUL

Crew_MYT
4th Mar 2004, 04:46
No 75 at BHX this summer for MYT

crewboi83
18th Mar 2004, 23:28
TJ747 - Nice to see someone else who defends MYT im sick of putting people right!!

MYT are a fab company to work for.... and i think we are doing fine!

I heard before i started for MYT that the aim was to be an all airbus airline by summer 2005.... and with all these lushus new Airbus' on their way we are nearly there.... the 757's will eventually be replaced by A321's so i hear!! which for me is good news as i prefer working Airbus a/c

Yes as AIH we did have a bad reputation, and due to some bas mouthin in the press by other airlines (mentionin no names but ill ill giv you a clue.... the are big, blue and have the stupid winking red eye on the tail) we started out with a bad repuation, but with the help of the crew and the other 100's of behind the scenes staff we are slowly turning the company around!!

I currently only work 6 months a year, but if that means working in asda over the winter and flyin in the summer so be it (however this year i went to European Aviation for the winter..... but lets not go in to that ey!!)
Im glad to say im returning to MYT yet again and am couting down the days

Hope everyone from MYT has a uneventful summer..... keep smiling guys cos we r proving all our critics wrong.... see ya x

Crew_MYT
19th Mar 2004, 08:40
Well Said Crewboi, We are turning ourselves around, and proving many wrong! (Which is Good!) and MYT is a brill company to work for, and as for the summer I can't wait!

speedbird_heavy
19th Mar 2004, 10:16
If MYT got rid of their 767 G-SJMC then their delay stats from Cardiff would look a lot better. It only operated one flight a week to SFB from Cardiff, but I lost count of the amount of times this flight was delayed due to the aircraft being tech. They even had to send 330 G-OMYT in to operate a few flights because MC was tech.

All though I will say that all the staff are doing a fab job of turning the company around and wish them all the best

breakscrew
30th Mar 2004, 07:22
Has anyone noticed that when you search for 'Mytravel' on 'alltheweb.com' the first hit says 'Book Mytravel Holidays with First Choice'.
Is someone being devious and underhand at pinching holidays off the opposition or am I missing something? Anyone care to comment? :cool: