PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales soaring

fuzzbear01
29th Feb 2004, 17:12
Recent press reports in Cardiff show that 6G are fledging . I would just like to say to all the guys gown there good luck ! Well Done .
The airline has grown in popularity , got a good team behind them and has got some good business and leisure routes goiung . Judging by the previous flights I have taken with them they all went on time , had good pax loads and a good service overall .
Its time someone made a success of a welsh airline !

Have they perhaps thought of ABZ as a future route or other Scottish routes as I hear the bubble has burst now for Bmi at CWL , has anyone else heard this rumour ?

outofsynch
29th Feb 2004, 17:16
I hope they are paying you for this!!

Because I am not sure there is any rumour or news in your post. ;)

alterego
29th Feb 2004, 17:58
BMI bubble burst?

Not on the routes I do. Load factors good on most. Air Wales have significantly lower factors.

Our route structure may change to increase the profitability but definitely no burst bubble.

29th Feb 2004, 17:58
How much is the airline being subsidised and by whom? Do the subsidies fall within overall limits which the EU would consider right and proper, and is Air Wales considered to be a "national" carrier?.......just thought I'd ask so that we're all in no doubt as to how level the playing field is.

first time flyer
29th Feb 2004, 22:19
Air Wales soaring, how we laughed.....

If you want rumours I can do those.....

Backing in from a Private individual name of Roy Thomas, rumoured to have lost more than 10 million on the venture to date, though with a personal fortune rumoured to be circa 120 million has a way to go yet.

Rumour of more aircraft, ATR 72 this time so will not be operating those out of Swansea.

Rumour of doing some work ex Cardiff for BMI ( al la Atlantic out of LBA )

Rumour that they are looking for for pilots and rumour that they took some more F/O's that were self sponsored through Skyblue last week.

Rumour that they are still very disorganised

Rumour that F/O's are only flying around 25hrs a month

That should keep you going.....;)

That said best of luck to them if Mr Thomas is happy to spend his money creating jobs:ok:

Ivan Taclue
29th Feb 2004, 23:44
Can't agree more. Some former colleagues fly for them and seem to be happy.
I hope 6G does better than 2G did !!!!!!:O

bacardi walla
1st Mar 2004, 01:14
Ivan Taclue what has debonair got to do with all this? They folded in 1999 and have no similarities with their operations.

FOUR REDS
1st Mar 2004, 16:59
Well done, Air Wales. You deserve to get stronger and survive!!
I understand G.P. is doing a good job. Keep it up.
Something that Debonair (2G) did not, as Ivan pointed out.

B.W.
Indeed, no similarities, but is that important when survival is at stake?

runawayedge
1st Mar 2004, 21:50
There's a lot of good people at 6G. The only problem is the lack of management or structure. Still don't know where they're going. Need to fill the 42 before thinking of 72 and identify routes....

speedbird_heavy
9th Mar 2004, 18:46
The only route that could fill a 72 would be the GCI during the summer.

Vlad the Emailer
10th Mar 2004, 18:03
Their Operations set-up seems to have improved considerably over the last few weeks. I just wish they wouldn't Flight Plan to arrive at Plymouth during a NOTAMed closure period!

symphonyangel
11th Mar 2004, 05:52
Don't forget these are the same professionals who launched CWF - LPL then forgot to tell the market and forgot to get their website up and running to sell it and so went tail between their legs out quietly and embarassed. Lets hope next time they can go back to LPL with a bang and not a whimper and whilst they may be professional pilots, they recruit a professional sales/marketing person to actually launch and sell routes effectively.

Taff Lad
12th Mar 2004, 01:37
Heard from a source that Air Wales are in talks regarding an Interline Agreement but wouldnt say with who.

Anyone know?

fuzzbear01
12th Mar 2004, 02:24
Taff Lad , keep up or get out . AW announced their code share with WW at Cwl on Ok and Pik I believe last week !!!!!!!!