PDA

View Full Version : EI-COX SNN September 2003

FlyingV
29th Feb 2004, 07:45
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143510&perpage=20&pagenumber=5

Sorry to link to a Ryanair bashing thread on another board (its not unique to PPRuNe!)

Can someone take a look at the allegation on the top of page 5 in the thread linked above. And please tell me its nonsense.

I'm really sorry to post this but the allegation is annoying the hell out of me. The rest of the thread is the usual stuff and not worth bothering about!

mutt
29th Feb 2004, 10:49
Flying V, for the flight discussed, i havent got a clue as to if its a true story or not, but lets look at what would happen around here...........

A/C arrives with a hole in the tail leading edge. Ground engineer would assess the damage and conduct whatever repairs were required, as per the approved maintenance manual. These repairs could vary from a visual inspection with the hole then covered by high speed tape, or the grounding of the aircraft. The ground engineer would report the repair to the Captain who if satisfied that his a/c documents were signed off properly to account for the repair, would then quite happily fly the aircraft.

You might be very surprised at the amount of high speed tape used on aircraft :):)

Mutt.

Caslance
29th Feb 2004, 15:53
(From p4 of the link above)Don't airline carriers prefixes go with the aircraft identities...like british airways is BA so all their flights start with BA and all their aircraft are called BA-xxx ? Clearly a most authoritative forum, Flying V.................:E