PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Written

Saxon
28th Feb 2004, 05:34
Hi Everyone,

Appologies if this has been done before......

I have an ICAO ATPL, and am looking to convert it over to a JAA. Does anyone know of the simplest and most cost effective way of getting the JAA written exams out of the way.

Currently I'm in Canada, so news on any JAA affiliated schools this side of the pond would be much appreciated,

Blue Skies,

Sax

mark_bateman
28th Feb 2004, 11:40
I am looking into this at the moment. Everyone I've spoken to has had very good things to say about Bristol Ground school. I understand that they do a DL version and CD-rom. Exams can be taken in Florida if they don't have any nearer.

Mark.

Martin1234
28th Feb 2004, 19:31
You might not have to take an approved course if you are an ATPL-holder with some multi-crew time.

Saxon
29th Feb 2004, 01:08
Thanks guys,

The DL looks like the most viable option right now, especially seeing as I can take the exams state side,

Blue Skies,

Sax

PaddyMcGinty
2nd Mar 2004, 04:54
You definately wouldnt be going wrong with bristol ground school. I started my first module DL about 2 weeks and so far i'm a third through it. They have everything laid out very well and it is easy to understand.

oxford blue
2nd Mar 2004, 05:34
Didn't you used to once have a goat................?

mad_jock
2nd Mar 2004, 06:26
No but he might have a hobbit hidden somewhere.

Don't worry hes one of these cheats Oxford Blue. Engineerng background, young lad living at home on his mums cooking and worse of all TEE TOTAL.

We told him it wasn't acceptable behaviour but.....

And as it took me 4 weeks to get through OAT phase 2 I believe him. I am sure Steve will remember me the student that barfed then fell asleep in his Hydro class.

MJ

PaddyMcGinty
3rd Mar 2004, 05:14
LOL, i still have that goat. He grazes beside the potato field next to my lil cottage!

Hey can any of you tell me if i need a CRP5 flight computer for my ATPL exams? Cos ive just got an ARC1 one. Damm expensive things!

oxford blue
3rd Mar 2004, 16:37
You need to have a flight computer that can do compressibility corrections to TAS, because you are not allowed to take correction tables into the exam. If the ARC1 doesn't have a comp corr function, then I'm afraid that you need a CRP5, or equivalent (ie, an ARC2).