27th Feb 2004, 21:53
Looks like it been confirmed finally! :cool:

http://www.baa.co.uk/doc/8bea28393a9eb02780256e47003422d2_main.html

Joe Curry
27th Feb 2004, 22:45
Good news indeed! Lets hope for a frequency increase..:O

joe i smell of curry
29th Feb 2004, 09:25
it would not surprise me is the moscow flights gose daily with a subin for a 767 sometimes i will be shocked if by the 6 months of the flight starting edi- st petersburg is not also lunched an mabe even compotion from aeroflot.

GW76
29th Feb 2004, 18:57
Sorry, I didnt understand most of that.
I think you are suggesting that this route will be such a success that they will expand to include St Petersburg, and this will encourage Aeroflot to open similar routes in competition.
Wakey wakey I think you are dreaming. The demand for at least 3 Russian services from EDI alone just isnt there. Services would expand at other UK airports first.:confused:

Caslance
29th Feb 2004, 19:47
Quite right GW76- Transaero plan to start a Moscow - Manchester service in September of this year.

Oddly enough, while Manchester appears on the Transaero website as a destination, Edinburgh does not. :confused:

MerchantVenturer
29th Feb 2004, 22:49
GW76

Look at the user name of the author of this suggestion.

I think it might be a gentle p*ss take of the real Joe, whose enthusiasm for everything EDI is well known and why not.

I have used EDI several times and I always enjoy travelling through on my trips to the Scottish capital itself.

joe i smell of curry
29th Feb 2004, 23:29
i not kiding on look at it this way edi is the secnd most important business and tourism centre in the uk out side london and they have flights to both st petersburg and moscow by more than one airline so obvusley edi will be the same.

GoEDI
1st Mar 2004, 00:34
Joe Curry is something of a legend! :p I like to see someone else so enthusiastic about EDI. Plus he has a good website on EDI!
I think Transaero to Moscow will be quite sufficient! :) Maybe a frequency increase indeed, if they are planning on also targeting business passengers.
Can't see Manchester or Edinburgh on their website, just London.

Caslance
1st Mar 2004, 00:54
Check out the map (http://www.transaero.com/noframes/eng/RoutMaps.htm),GoEDI. :ok:

GoEDI
1st Mar 2004, 01:48
Wow, that is a different Transaero website than the one I've been looking at. hmm... :confused:

http://www.transaero.ru/english/

Caslance
1st Mar 2004, 01:52
By the Lord Harry, GoEDI, you're right!

There are indeed two versions of the site - "frames" and "no frames". You'd expect the content to be the same on both, though, wouldn't you? :confused:

joe i smell of curry
1st Mar 2004, 03:52
Yeah ur rite goedi my uncle joe is a god in terms of noing everything about edi i wanna be as great as him someday duo should name 1 of there based edi aircrafter havter sir joe curry. He should be nited for services to edi.

codpiece face
1st Mar 2004, 08:23
I'm sorry is it me or is it painful to read these posts with the spelling error's. I am not saying any of us are perfect but can it be that hard??.

Anyway I think this is all pie in the sky how on earth could a flight from Moscow to Edinburgh be sustainable??. The Russians are not exactly the richest in Europe why would they want to holiday in Edinburgh when they could be sunning themselves in the med. How many business people would need to make that trip??

Joe Curry
1st Mar 2004, 15:38
>>I'm sorry is it me or is it painful to read these posts with the spelling error's. I am not saying any of us are perfect but can it be that hard??. <<

This "Imposter" is not a member of my family...

Heaven forbid.... :mad:

WHBM
1st Mar 2004, 18:09
There are indeed two versions of the site - "frames" and "no frames". You'd expect the content to be the same on both, though, wouldn't you?
I can't quite work it out, but it seems that the "No Frames" site is years old - the routes are quite different !

I can't see the Edinburgh flights on either site.

Caslance
1st Mar 2004, 19:32
Strange indeed..... :confused:

Anyway, the Manchester route starts in mid-September. It will be a weekly service with 737-700 equipment.

Apparently. :ok:

GoEDI
5th Mar 2004, 21:43
Transaero now have the EDI flight programmed into their flight schedule on their website. According to Amadeus it will be a 73G, of which Transaero operate the -700.

jbird11
10th Mar 2004, 06:44
joe I smell of curry::::::

Get a life mate and grow up:8

CHIVILCOY
11th Mar 2004, 04:01
According to the BAA news release

(Transaero Airlines will begin a weekly service in June, flying on Wednesdays to Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport. Russia is a new destination for Scots business and leisure travellers from Edinburgh and the city of Moscow is a welcome addition to the exciting choice of cities now available direct from Scotland.)

This news release is rather optimistic, especially the idea that it will be used by businessmen, what businessmen will wait a week for a return flight!!!!!
Seems to me to be just a charter service which will be used by holidymakers on package holidays and nothing to get too excited about. Sorry!!