PDA

View Full Version : CX Freight, anybody?

wandrinabout
27th Feb 2004, 16:37
I have been searching around for some time now, but can't seem to find what I am looking for. Found many threads, but they lead nowhere. I have also posted sometime back, but maybe I was too specific...

I am trying to find out what is the current situation with Cathay Cargo re employment.

Are there still the various contract companies for the various bases? Does ASL, Veta etc still exist, or have they all been rolled into one crewing company? I would be eligible for either Australia basing or EU, so who's contract would this come under?

And the golden question, if anyone is able to tell me what contract covers the Oz or EU bases, are you then able to offer up any current details re conditions of contract?

As the Freighter boys don't seem to appear on this forum very often, what about a pointer to where I may have a better chance of finding info?

Just want to do some fact finding in order to weigh up possibilties. Getting tired of having the goal posts constantly changing in my current situation.

Cheers in advance.

apollon
11th Mar 2004, 03:33
I think you have to apply directly to Cathay, and specify that you
are interested for an F/O position.

Thats what I did...

greyflag
11th Mar 2004, 10:21
Here's the link for CX Cargo...
http://www.cathaypacific.com/intl/careers/paths/0,,86808,00.html

Hiring is done by subsidiaries of CX.

Hope this helps.

Meerkat
13th Mar 2004, 16:33
Hey, Wandrinabout !!

Check your Private Messages....

Cheers! :ok:

The Meerkat

Stereolab
14th Mar 2004, 15:15
I noticed on the CX website that there are no minimums req'mts stated. Anyone know what competitive mins are for CX Cargo direc entry F/O's? Also, I remember seeing numerous posts regarding CX on hiring "Yankee" pilots...do they like "Yanks" or "hate Yanks"...(yep...I'm a "Yankee"...)

Thanks in advance...

Stereo...

OK...just answered my own question:

The minimum criteria for Direct Entry First Officer applicants are(Freighter Fleet):
· Maximum 46 years of age at time of application
· A current ICAO Airline Transport License (gained without exemptions)
· A minimum of 1,000 hours in one of the following categories:
o Airline Jet Transport
o Turbo Prop Command (MAUW greater than 20,000 KGs.)
o Corporate Jet Command
o High Performance Military Jet
o Military Flying Instruction (Fixed wing)
· Able to satisfy Hong Kong aviation medical requirements
· Fluent spoken & written English
· The right to live and work in the chosen Base Area. The Company does not sponsor applications to the relevant immigration authorities for Flight Crew to live or operate out of any port other than Hong Kong.

Wondering if this is still current?

Also, for the 1000 hrs...the "Airline Jet Transport" catagory...is that PIC time or will they except SIC? I noticed the turboprop and corporate is "command time" but the Airline Jet Transport does not state PIC or SIC.

Thanks...

Stereo

SFontaine
14th Mar 2004, 17:00
From what I observed when over in Honkers,

"do they like "Yanks" or "hate Yanks"..."

I don't think they like Yanks, but I don't think they really dislike them either. They really don't care. It really comes down to the personality, and abilities. Yanks are not in large numbers at CX like us "Brits/Kiwis/and Canucks"

TWApilot
16th Mar 2004, 04:33
Hiring for the freighters is NOT done by subsidiaries, but by Cathay itself.

Also, it isn't that they don't like Yanks, its just that the CAA requires that ATPL applicants know alot of extra stuff that the FAA doesn't require ATP applicants to know. As long as Yanks like me learn that stuff, Cathay is happy with us.

wandrinabout
17th Mar 2004, 13:32
Good onya meerkat. Been away for a couple of days, but check your mail.
cheers