PDA

View Full Version : "great" piece of news of Ryanairs successful lift off

eurostar builder
27th Feb 2004, 04:25
What a "great" piece of news of Ryanairs successful lift off on the Bournemouth to Prestwick Flight.

JUST A SHAME they have just reduced the flight (Yesterday) to One a day and a Dinner time departure.

What use is this now that we have to goto Southampton to fly to work.

I think this is a Big promotion to get passengers bookings on what they will NOW loose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
from the website....
100,000 FLY ON RYANAIR'S GLASGOW PRESTWICK-BOURNEMOUTH ROUTE IN FIRST YEAR

new £1.69 low fare celebrates successful lift-off!

An amazing 100,000 passengers have flown on Ryanair's popular Glasgow Prestwick-Bournemouth service in the first year, Europe's largest low fares airline announced today (26 February 2004).

In the past it took a long and expensive journey by car or train to get to Bournemouth from Scotland. But with Ryanair it takes just one hour...and now there's a new low fare to celebrate the first anniversary - just £1.69 one-way exclusive of airport taxes and charges.

This offer is available for travel until the end of May, so it's an ideal
opportunity to enjoy an inexpensive spring break, says Ryanair's UK Sales Manager Cathy Timlin.

"Renowned for its seven miles of family-friendly, golden beaches, beautiful parklands and cosmopolitan ambience, Bournemouth blends the contemporary with the traditional to ensure that you are spoilt for choice.

"Vibrant by day and night, with top class entertainment, pulsating nightlife, scintillating shopping and superb international cuisine, Bournemouth has it all in buckets and spades!

"Or if you prefer outdoor pursuits, Bournemouth is the ideal base for exploring the beautiful Dorset and New Forest areas.

"Bournemouth is full of spring delights. For example on 25 April there's the Boat Show at Beaulieu."

She added: "Ryanair is delighted to celebrate the first anniversary of the route with a new low fare. It's an ideal opportunity to enjoy a pleasant spring break in beautiful Dorset.

"This offer is only bookable until midnight Monday March 1, so log on to www.ryanair.com as places will be snapped up fast."

Buster the Bear
27th Feb 2004, 05:54
100,000 passengers, so how much profit? Has the subsidy from the respective airports run out?

stevobeevo
27th Feb 2004, 22:39
Eurostar Builder,

FR have gone back to a single rotation due to extremely poor load factors on the morning flights. Some were flying with as little as 20 PAX on a 189 seater aircraft. There simply isn't the demand for twice daily on the route at the moment. The aircraft will be much better placed on a route that can get a decent yeild.

What BOH needs from FR are some more SUN destinations. Bring on Malaga, Murcia and Jerez. These routes would definately work.

Knowing your market is a must as the BOH-GER route has shown. They struggled to get loads over 60% until they marketed the route as Gerona, Costa Brava & Barcelona.

XSBaggage
28th Feb 2004, 02:30
Eurostar Builder, I don't understand your point. As I believe I have pointed out previously the morning PIK-BOH-PIK rotation was unsuccessful due to the extremely early time of departure from PIK (in particular). The evening flight always operated with decent load factors.

The reason for this was that most of the pax are leisure travellers, and the mid-afternoon departure appears to suit them well. I can't see the point in your "Southampton" comment at all. BA are apparently doing well on their GLA-SOU services (multiple daily services, with Embraer 145s), I imagine with mostly business pax, so both carriers can serve the south coast from Glasgow with their respective services.

No real problem for FR on this route, the bookings for the once daily PIK-BOH service are very healthy at the moment.

eurostar builder
28th Feb 2004, 11:22
OK good points made

It was just a real shame not to be able to position to Glasgow in the mornings any more.