PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair waiting List

homerj
26th Feb 2004, 22:50
I had a 'chat' with Ryanairs Mr. Dooney quite some time ago about an F/O job and was told he was happy with me and that my name would be passed on to the training organisations.

Ive heard nothing since but have been assured that i'm on a waiting list.

Does this list exist or was that a polite PFO?

trainer too 2
27th Feb 2004, 05:01
Dooney is THE man, so the answer should be yes.. ;)

FLYbyWIT
27th Feb 2004, 05:03
Nah, The list exists alright but its more like a bottomless pit full of cv's rather then a well organised list with names hitting the top every 6month rotation. It would'nt hurt you to remind him of yourself, He does'nt know you from billy or jack so its up to you to refresh him.Good luck and well done for getting his much sought after seal of approval.

Jet A1
27th Feb 2004, 19:05
Wouldn't trust DOONEY !

:yuk:

stargazer02
7th Mar 2004, 18:07
I hear from a friend of mine that they are now finished hiring for the year for FO's.
He was waiting but this is what he was told so back to the drawing board yet again for him

SFontaine
8th Mar 2004, 03:44
Recruiting has indeed been on hold for Ryanair.

Hufty
8th Mar 2004, 20:57
I filled out the online form on the GECAT website and didn't even get a response! Must be the reason.

It is unbelievable - if you indicate to somebody that you are thinking about giving them £20k a polite "thankyou" might be in order. :mad:

vmoandco
12th Mar 2004, 14:44
Wouldn't trust DOONEY !

I would :ok:

oskar
13th Mar 2004, 15:01
Hi there,
just had a phone call from ryanair to attend simulator check with i think 10 others so it looks like they still are recruiting and i would trust dooney

homerj
24th Mar 2004, 20:18
Oskar,

Is your Sim check in DUB, how long has it been since you applied and did you send the application to one or all of the training organisations?

Can anyone else who did a ryanair Sim check also answer these questions?

Regards,

Homerj

Tosh McCaber
24th Mar 2004, 22:15
Hey!- Are they still asking hopefuls to pass a £50 note along with the application??

Arrowhead
26th Mar 2004, 06:36
I applied via GECAT about 2 weeks ago, and was told that their "quota" of low-houred pilots was now full. I should reapply later in the year.