PDA

View Full Version : EMA News

egnxema
26th Feb 2004, 15:15
What's the latest rumours/news on the street at EMA?

emaint2003
26th Feb 2004, 16:18
Hot rumour is now up to 7 based Ryanair aircraft from winter season. MD seen again along with his HUY sidekick boarding a flight to DUB. Also a little birdie tells me that Baby will be adding more services this summer. All in all looks like another boom at EMA.

kpiko3
27th Feb 2004, 01:41
7 based aircraft?

Every new Ryanair base has never had more than 4 aircraft based at it.

Kpiko3

Mike16
27th Feb 2004, 04:00
Hi Boys and Gals

Well i have heard Ryanair are coming to EMA and doing Dublin, Girona and Rome to begin with...
Also heard Easyjet are having Boeing 737/700 starting from May time to replace there ex-go 737/.300 series.
Aslo in the pipeline is new routes for them as well, ihave heard Copenhagen, Paris orly and Amsterdam, i hope they do, as i would love to go to CPH from EMA.
BMI baby apparently are not expanding EMA anymore as they are using Crew from here to cover LGW this summer, and if this proves successful they will have a new base operation here permantley from Winter 2004.

egnxema
27th Feb 2004, 21:36
Any truth to the rumour that easy plan to add Germany routes from Nottingham when they start to base their 319's here?

brabazon
27th Feb 2004, 23:11
I don't think you'll get A319s if easyJet are replacing their 737-300s with 737-700s. They won't have mixed fleet bases - at least that's my understanding.

Tudor
28th Feb 2004, 01:02
LGW will have to be operated as a mixed fleet base (until December I beleive) whilst the A319s are phased in. There has been rumours that EMA will be the next UK base to host the Airbus but rumour is all it is at the moment.

Little Blue
28th Feb 2004, 02:19
Wasn't aware the Easyjet were gonna fly from Tollerton?
EMA...never NEMA !!! Red dogs !
Do u really think Ryanair will pitch up?
How big is the ramp, these days?
Believe it when I see MOL drinking Guinness in the Turks !!

Mike16
28th Feb 2004, 05:07
Well the rumour of the airbus coming to EMA is a big one at the mo, with regards to /ryanair that looks like a cert, they have just opened there Pilots training centre here,so must be a cert.
I hope they do, the people of the EM need it, so fed up of having to go down London every time you want something different.
I have also heard today that Air2000 is doing a long haul from EMA to Mexico, does anyone know if this is true ????

richterscale10
28th Feb 2004, 05:53
Hi Mike16 - you are a veritable MINE of information....where do you get it all from? I know, I know talking down the back..........

Dont give up on Flyblu though...they do say that they want individuals from different backgrounds...so maybe you'll just wow 'em!

Rich

Mike16
28th Feb 2004, 16:15
Hi Richter

Hope you are well, with regards to the Ryanair issue, i know about the Training facilities from there Website as they are looking for staff to run it.
The rumour about Ryanair has been about for about 12 months or so,that they are having a base here at EMA, i hope they do, we all need it.
With Flyublu i don't think i stand a chance now, but if they ring i may go, you have to be careful with new airlines and that, i hope it does work out for them.
Anyway Richter tell me more about you.
Mike

egnxema
1st Mar 2004, 23:15
Some easy crew have mentioned they expect a number of easy's new London routes to also make an appearance on the Nottingham schedules - much to their delight.

I'm surprised baby don't get in with a Madrid service.

Buster the Bear
1st Mar 2004, 23:24
See my post elsewhere that a certain Irish airline has been rumoured to be placing a tender for a support contract at Luton in respect of 4 x B737-800's. A certain airline engineering company has been awarded the contract.

No smoke without fire, but I will believe it when it actually happens.

egnxema
3rd Mar 2004, 15:27
What will BY MYT FCA TCX be basing here this summer?

We're Just Office Boys
15th Mar 2004, 20:50
Ryanair base to be announced at EMA tomorrow morning 11am press conference.