PDA

View Full Version : HSBC Manchester?

Aerofoil
26th Feb 2004, 02:47
Hi all

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has successfully received a Professional studies loan from HSBC in the Manchester area?

I am about to get the ball rolling but as iv read most branches havent even heard of the professional studies loan. So i need to find a HSBC branch in the Manchester area who know what they are talking about.

Also would you be able to tell me how much you were offered and what the conditions were etc?
And if anyone has any tips on making my chances of getting the amount i want better then please feel free to tell me as this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Mersea
26th Feb 2004, 17:22
I got for £14K from the Rochdale branch of HSBC, it was for the Instrument Rating at the time. They just wanted to see my CPL and a few other documents (passport etc), ......also they needed a letter from the Training Establishment quoting the course fees and confirming you were booked on it. The HSBC interest rates are really good and you can defer the repayments to start up to nine months after the loan is transferred to your account.

Not sure on how they score your application, I have a house which I've paid off the mortguage.....so that may have been a factor (if you can't make the repayments, they can always make you of 'no fixed abode') .

They also required me to transfer all my banking business (current account) from TSB to HSBC.

Might have the managers name somewhere if you are interested....

Cheers
Mer.

1pudding1
26th Feb 2004, 18:58
Slightly off topic, but I thought I'd post here instead of starting another thread. Ive got the same questions as Aerofoil, but for Bristol. Has anyone successfully been granted a loan from HSBC in Bristol or the local area?

Thanks all.

(Sorry Aerofoil for kinda hijacking your thread)

Aerofoil
26th Feb 2004, 22:28
Mersea iv sent you a PM.

RowleyUK
27th Feb 2004, 22:36
I got 15K from the Oldham branch......Although my local branch had initially arranged for my first PS Loan of 15K pre 11/9, it had timed out by the time i came to draw down the money.....

Hence, I had to re-apply under a whole new manager....the process had changed and i had to apply to a bigger branch. It was more formal and more proof was needed.....

I showed...

1. Literature of my intended flying school ( no addressed letters)

2. Proof of all 14 ATPL passes

3. Passport

4. PPL

5. Also when the Manager was assessing my app he asked me to write about myself explaining the reasons why i want to be a pilot and all about my life and stuff!

The rest i just spoke to her about...ie timescales and stuff.

It was all pretty easy but the actual bank organisation was a bit shoddy!.......It seemed the PS Loan is something that all bank workers are pretty unfamiliar with, especially when it comes down to the paper work.

Anyway, hope that helps

donaldstan
29th Feb 2004, 01:15
HSBC has Student Loans for UK citizens. Just simply send them a secure email thru Internet Banking, they will then be some ppl contacting u (either thru email or phone or both) regarding your request.

but of course, if u visit the branch, they will be ppl explaining it to you personally. if u request for a loan thru email, the dept who is in charge of new loans will call u up. they have very good customer service. so its not all the time necessary to visit the branch unless its for some signing of doc.

hope my 2 cents can help... ;)

in-2-wind
1st Mar 2004, 03:18
The Manager at Manchesters King Street branch is very familiar with the financial requirements of flight training!!!!

Very nice and helpfull chap! (we are on first name terms):{

Good luck, windy.

RowleyUK
1st Mar 2004, 03:35
The man in the King street branch doesnt want to know unless your bank account was opened in a Manchester area branch.....I live in Manchester but that makes no difference so had to go to the oldham branch cos my account is based in an oldham area branch...know what i mean?

Didnt like the Manchester branch......prefer my local morrisons in oldham.....more personal and friendly:=