PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet - what is it up to?

jmc-man
25th Feb 2004, 17:38
I see lots of "advertising" type posts appear ( and disappear) on the Cabin Crew Forum about Flyjet.

I note from the various tour operators that they have lost one of their biggest customers for Summer 04 ( Mark Warner Holidays) and I am aware of their limited slot allocations downroute. So exactly where are they going ( in the business sense)?

There is talk of expansion, but I met some of their cabin crew in Gatwick recently who were doing little or no flying ( One girl hadn't flown for nearly two months).

So what's the low down? Are they moving into niche markets? How is the Amritsar contract going? Are there really plans for another 757, or 767?

The Southend King
25th Feb 2004, 18:44
My other half works there. Or should I say is employed there. She's had only a handful of trips over the past few months. Lots of movement on the Cabin crew side, with almost as many leaving as arriving.

Lots of talk of more aircraft but nothing much evident. Summer program is uncertain.

I need to get her working more...she's driving me crazy with DIY projects with all this time on her hands.

Ian Farquharson
25th Feb 2004, 20:15
Flyjet are operating from Birmingham to Bratislava and onwards to India for 6Q, the aircraft (currently G-FJEB) is parked up at Birmingham between rotations.

I understand they will continue to operate the route until at least April

Ian

LGS6753
27th Feb 2004, 02:33
Flyjet currently operate LTN-Ovda every Monday. The aircraft positions in at about 0900, and returns around 2200 to position out again.
Don't know where it's based.
This flight has been a regular for some years, operated by various small charter airlines in the past. It ends around Easter.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
27th Feb 2004, 19:31
The flight originates from Manchester but I believes carries passengers on that leg and the Luton - Manchester leg late evening.