PDA

View Full Version : BA Waterside

BWBriscoe
25th Feb 2004, 07:27
Hi,

I read somewhere that Waterside is in fact not the main operations centre for BA, but rather the Compass Centre is.

Therefore, what exactly is in Waterside? What are the differences between Waterside and the Compass Centre?

I wondered as I drove past both yesterday and was astounded at the size of Waterside, and I was wondering what exactly they put in all that space!

Cheers,

Ben

Bluejay
25th Feb 2004, 18:12
Management that don't have a specific job as a guess!!

cirrus01
25th Feb 2004, 22:09
Waterworld is where countless Millions wander around, drink coffee, go shopping, Oh.... and sometimes produce lovely colour charts which show that the "Productive" employees are not productive enough.:mad: :mad: :mad:

BWBriscoe
25th Feb 2004, 23:01
:O

Ok joking aside (i think!), what seriously does go on in Waterside?

B

AlanM
26th Feb 2004, 04:32
what seriously does go on in Waterside?

Briscoe you have been rumbled mate.... or should i say Mr Eddington??? This is just another cost saving initiative isn't it!?

(The building is bloody huge though ain't it!!):)

gas path
26th Feb 2004, 05:52
BWB
Having had the oportunity to wander around the place, I don't think they're far wrong:hmm:
There is what looks like an open sewer running through the place designed by some bloke called 'Feng Shue' or something :confused:
There's a large pond outside complete with shopping trolleys ;):cool: :p and they did introduce some ducks and swanns etc..... mind you! they took one look at the place and f:mad: d off.
The productive folks live in the little circular bit that is the (well equipped!) medical centre, but, they are isolated from the powers 'cause to get there you have to walk back outside:hmm:

now you'd think that the obvious place to have some sort of medical centre would be where your likely to need urgent medical assistance......like an engineering base for instance!!!! but it was sited there to deal with the plethora of papercuts the odd staple and coffee poisoning!

The whole place is built on a landfill site and if one wanders round the grassy bits one can see the methane vents. Soooo not only lots of gas inside but outside as well:p
Everywhere inside appears to be meetings of one sort or another.;)

HZ123
26th Feb 2004, 14:57
You are all wrong. Like any other world wide company our HQ is no larger than many others, some probably not as large as us. The compass centre controls the BA operation and Waterside is the corporate HQ which includes Sales, Marketing, Safety and Security, Accounts, Buyers, Fuel etc etc.