PDA

View Full Version : Captain Shorty Callow

Airbus Girl
23rd Feb 2004, 18:38
Has anyone read Captain Shorty Callow's book "Prepare for Command"? Would you recommend it? Does anyone know this guy?

The Greaser
23rd Feb 2004, 19:31
Shorty is a TRE based in STN. Very nice chap and very good trainer, helped me out alot in early stages of my line training. Dont know anything about the book though.

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Feb 2004, 04:12
Its good. For £10 + £2 p&p you can't really complain. Might just be enough to tip the balance...

Cheers

planecrazi
24th Feb 2004, 23:19
I have just received the book and it is great. I can bare witness to his accidents, as mentioned in his book during past early years. Crop spraying at night! You had to see it to believe it, and he did it everynight. I was there! All dinkum true and he was very lucky too.

Good book naughty Shorty!!! well done:D

Ray Ban
25th Feb 2004, 02:46
Sorry to intrude but have a question or two. Is Shorty South African? Way back in 2001 I was returning to Stansted from Copenhagen with Go-Fly and he may have been the skipper. I asked for the jumpseat (pre 9/11) and he wrote a nice note back to me to say sorry chap but line training! :(

planecrazi
26th Feb 2004, 00:57
Rhodesian to be exact:D

waspie
26th Feb 2004, 04:53
Ray Ban, I know an ex Captain for Go-Fly and he is South African, you may be talking about him. He was also based at Stansted.

PPRuNe Towers
27th Feb 2004, 20:26
Buy his book fine but never go to one his parties. We almost lost a senior mod recently when the games turned to getting down the stairs without touching the steps.:eek: :eek:

Rob Lloyd

PS A very fine trainer but when I knew him he wanted to write for children - so no change there then;) ;) ;)

Flying Bean
29th Feb 2004, 23:51
Is Shorty still training at STN? Does he operate out of any particular Training Establishment?
Would like to make contact.

The Greaser
1st Mar 2004, 00:43
I suspect you can contact him through easyJet.