PDA

View Full Version : CAE/Ryanair Type Course

flat-tire
23rd Feb 2004, 05:22
Hello again

I have been thinking about this 737-800 course at CAE for Ryanair and was wondering if anyone has made it through? Also does anyone know if they are recruiting lately? One more thing, I did a search and someone said that it would be 8 years before there would be any slots at a UK base with Ryanair. If someone only has the right to work in the UK can they be based elsewhere in the EU?

Sorry to keep bugging everyone:D

Monitorverticalspeed
23rd Feb 2004, 05:30
They are due to start recruiting up in Sweden again for the 800 in March up until September, however very hard to get a look in unless your recommended or know someone, depending on your experience of course. I know that quite a few Oxford grads are being put forward for sim checks etc..

Here's the link:-

http://www.bfsaa.se/Eng/english/selfsponsers-eng.htm

Keep an eye on GECAT and CAE in AMS.

All the best!

flat-tire
23rd Feb 2004, 23:35
Thanks for the info!

Has anyone attended the Global Solutions Assessments and do you have any comments about the programme.

Monitorverticalspeed
24th Feb 2004, 03:23
Yes, I know about this too!

A good scheme if you can get a placement, although you do end up having to pay for your rating on whichever aircraft you're on. That said less risky than paying for your own without any guarantee.

You may be a bit behind the drag curve now however, quite a few places are already taken.

All the best.

joe
24th Feb 2004, 03:54
why?

What guarantees do global offer? If you pass the selection that is ?

Is it not just an Astraeus rating plus 100 hr scheme.

Globals website doesn't give much away, any extra info on the scheme would be quality.

I am in no way slagging off Astraeus's scheme as i have looked into it myself and hope to pursue one of these avenue's soon.

cheers joe

Monitorverticalspeed
24th Feb 2004, 05:14
What do you want to know?

flat-tire
24th Feb 2004, 06:15
The question is, do I wait for a job where I don't have to pay for my type or do I go to the evaluation on March 1st?

Also, what drag curve am I behind?

joe
24th Feb 2004, 16:53
monitorverticalspeed.

I have sent you a P.M

Cheers Joe

Monitorverticalspeed
25th Feb 2004, 05:26
flat tire,

Thats the risk you take! The reason I say your behind the drag curve is because i think there are a lot of people now starting courses.

flat-tire
25th Feb 2004, 06:27
monitorverticalspeed,

I will just have to wait and see, I finished my conversion as fast as I could but the weather in Britain during January isn't always that friendly. One thing I can't figure out is how long it takes the CAA to issue my license.

Also, if it was meant to be then it was meant to be....