PDA

View Full Version : Bhx - Summer It Services

paulsstrange
23rd Feb 2004, 02:16
Does anyone have any idea what aircraft will be based at BHX for Summer 2004 IT services ?

Thanks

PAUL

jmc757
23rd Feb 2004, 04:31
Think pretty much like last year, which if memory served was:

BY: 2 x 762, 1 x 752
FCA: 2 x 752
TCX: 2 x 752
MYT: x 320, 1 x 321
MON: 2 x 321

Think EAF are basing a 732 as well, replacing the Islandsflug aircraft.

I do stand to be corrected on any of these.

I will question Monarch myself. Not sure if its 2 A321s this year. I'm flying to PMI on June 29th (Tue) when we booked with Cosmos it was a Monarch flight, but has since changed to European Aviation. Also, many of Cosmos and Avros flights seem to be using the foriegn carriers. Ie, The only flight Avro are selling for Friday TFS is an LTE flight. Seems odd MON are not doing a Friday TFS!? Perhaps only a one aircraft base at BHX with the other freed up to do the expanding Schedueld programme??

Thats just guess work though...

paulsstrange
23rd Feb 2004, 05:30
Yes thats pretty much what I thought.. although MYT should be 2 x 320 + 1 X 321 and 1 x 763 I think.

Im also pretty sure MON have 2 aircraft this summer - but not sure what aircraft! , they have an additonal 2 x 321 in their fleet this summer to operate the addtional scheduled services anyway.

Ive also heard rumours of EAF + more int carriers + some XLA work but not an aircraft base.

Buster the Bear
23rd Feb 2004, 16:38
I think that there will be quite a bit of consolidation by the tour operators for summer 2004. See my thread elsewhere:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=119953

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
23rd Feb 2004, 16:55
I can`t see the IT charter market improving dramatically as to many people now have become wise to putting their own packages together using the numerous loco operators or sheduled services of Monarch or whatever

Most of the large airports now have a major loco player operating to Spain and France

Birmingham is the one which I think is going to struggle on the holiday market, this as the Mytravel Lite programme does not seem very strong and the threat of Thomson Fly on their doorstep
wether it be from Coventry or NEMA will take quite a large percentage away

Golf India Bravo

lambchopboy
23rd Feb 2004, 19:22
expect to see BY 767-300, air malta on charters from bhx to greece and spain and bmi also on charters to med

regards

bmiboyz
23rd Feb 2004, 20:14
The bmi charter is a sat AGP w-pattern ex MAN thats the only I think let me know if you know of any more.

Cheers!

Daysleeper
23rd Feb 2004, 22:04
anyone heard of www.flyblu.com ?

looks like a wind up site but claim to be operating brum to florida this summer.

Mr @ Spotty M
24th Feb 2004, 00:56
Flublu is not a wind up site.
It is not IT but Schedule, they have an application with the CAA at this time.

Daysleeper
24th Feb 2004, 01:42
Cripes, they need some work then. I know its only late feb but their website seems to imply they have no staff at all.

paulsstrange
24th Feb 2004, 02:15
Yes the best we can expect I think is the same IT's as last year approx !!

Flyblu will make an official announcment in the press this Friday coming.. then the website will hopefully be updated.

As far as im aware this one is for real, spose we will know more this Friday.

Paul

Call Established
24th Feb 2004, 05:36
Also heard EuJet had were holding some slots for some F100 charter flights etc....

bmiboyz
24th Feb 2004, 18:10
Anybody know the bmi charter destinations??

lambchopboy
24th Feb 2004, 19:35
BMI is bhx-pmi sat afternoons

regards

rentaghost
25th Feb 2004, 01:05
MON are reducing to 1 x A321.

paulsstrange
25th Feb 2004, 04:17
OK ive gathered notes from several sources with mixed answers but it looks as if BHX will look something like this for Summer 2004 IT......

So far we will see some BMI charters - first time for a few years.
BY move in a larger B767 300 ( I think )plus other a/c prob a 767 200 and 752 ??? - I notice there may be 4 a/c from BY at times during the week, but not every day ?
MON - Down to 1 321, but looks like other carriers will simply make up the slots previously operated by the 2nd 321 - some of which foreign machines.
XLA No longer based so EAF look like their 732 will take most of those flights + op some additional flights to Islandflugs 2003 program. XLA also due to make one or two weekly ops if im not mistaken ?
MYT - Not sure here but I think it remains as last year at 2 320's, 1 321, and 1 larger 763 which will also do the ops to Cancun, Sanford and Puerto Plata.
FCA - 2 X 752's as usual - same for TCX, although they will op extra 757 flights twice ( 4 mornings ) weekly with a 3rd machine configured to 187 seats.. possibly also operating Halifax as an extention to Toronto.
Not sure about EuJet - but maybe they will operate some for Cosmos/Avro ( some of the missing Monarch flights) ???.. they do have 1 or 2 F-100's at BHX so they may well make use of them ??

... Plus usual additional weekly Duo's BA Citiexpress and Flybe flights, and the already planned Cypriat, Greek and spanish operaters on weekly flights as usual...

so folks any amendments or additions, reductions to the above ??? ...........