PDA

View Full Version : flybe

captain_kool
22nd Feb 2004, 03:45
i have heard through various sources that flybe will be soon cancelling all routes from birmingham and moving base to mancheser ringway in order to boost passenger numbers.

also i recently took a flight on mytravel and they are absolutly crap! hours late going and coming back!
they should be like my airlin ba, always on time

CarltonBrowne the FO
22nd Feb 2004, 03:53
Considering the name, and the profile, bit uptight aren't you? Chill, relax, take it easy.... :cool:

BombardierCR7
22nd Feb 2004, 04:25
Mr Kool,

That's an interesting rumour.
Flybe are talking to just about every airport in the north of England and Scotland for their next base. There are rumours a plenty at the moment.

PS, As for BA, I have had many a delay with them, and as for the inflight catering.... let's say no more.

Crew_MYT
22nd Feb 2004, 04:28
Captain_Kool, sorry to hear about your experience with MYT, but i'm sure you are aware thar most airlines encounter delays, it's one of those things, but if the serivce from the crew was unacceptable or if we could improve on anything, then perhaps you should have said something to the Supervisor so that they could of made your experience more enjoyable.

Flybe always seem to be cancelling flights ex BHX, I recently flew with them to GLA and there was only about 30 of us on the A/C, but saying that they have just recruited about 40 crew for BHX.... my mate who work's for Flybe say's this rumour about pulling out of BHX has been around his base (lgw) for some time.... Only time will tell!

witchdoctor
22nd Feb 2004, 17:30
Bombardier,

I take it you meant every airport in the north of England except Newcastle, seeing as they are closing it as a base from the end of next month.:8

energiser
22nd Feb 2004, 17:49
'captain' kool,

So 'your' airline is BA eh?

From your profile....

british airways captain on dash 8

and you state your interests as..

hating ypung arrogant pilots

Funny, then, that your website says...

HI IM ANDY AND THE OWNER OF THIS PROPER BO SITE! IM 14 YRS OLD AND FROM MANCHESTER. IM INTO ROCK MUSIC LIKE THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, MUSE AND STUFF. I LIKE FOOTBALL AND ESPECIALLY MAN UTD WHO ARE AMAZIN. HOPE YOU ENYOY THE SITE AND HAVE A GUD 2004

Maybe you should edit one or the other to match the truth? :8

One day you might be one of those young arrogant pilots you hate - or maybe not :hmm:

MaxProp
23rd Feb 2004, 03:14
I think the original post falls into the category of 'designed to elicit a response'. Although this notoriously commercially agile operator might do almost anything next, they are the biggest single operator out of BHX, and so far have demonstrated almost no interest in manchester. i think the rumour is load of b-------ks.

Smokie
23rd Feb 2004, 08:23
Captain-Kool

WISE UP PAL!

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
23rd Feb 2004, 16:41
Looking at another group I think you may have upset a lot of Brummies as your posting has been read and then commented on
on a West Midlands group and has not gone down too well

Golf India Bravo

willywick
23rd Feb 2004, 18:56
Are Flybe exiting the SOU-GVA route? Those are the rumours I have heard which is pretty surprising as the route had been doing very well with load factors around the mid 80%.

Cheers

Wycombe
23rd Feb 2004, 20:01
I believe so, in April (end of ski season)

Have been operating 2x on Sat's for the last couple of months.

Gear up Shut up
24th Feb 2004, 03:08
Who knows what they are doing? I don't even think they know what they are doing - but then thinking about it they did manage to raise a sinking ship and seem to be doing ok to so time will no doubt tell. :}

ALLMCC
31st Mar 2004, 14:54
Announced today Flybe withdrawing Jersey - London City route from 16 June - see www.thisisjersey.com/business/business2.html - wonder what this means for the future of the remaining London City services?

PAXboy
31st Mar 2004, 16:26
FlyBe have also dropped the IOM-BRS route. This is an extension of the Belfast to IOM but I'm not sure if that sector is still running. They have sold (I presume?) the route to Eastern as they could not fill the a/c and it will now run with the J41.

My mother's current trip happened to span the handover. After she had booked with Flybe, she was advised that she was being re-booked onto Eastern for the return sector.

Not a problem ... except that they cancelled her outbound reservation, so she showed at IOM last Friday to be told that she was not on the flight. Wanna see a 78 year old granny fight? :} natch, she got on board the half empty machine.

MerchantVenturer
31st Mar 2004, 18:32
PAXboy

BRS-IOM was a strange one with Flybe.

The aircraft used was one of the BRS-BHD rotations that called at Ronaldsway en route.

The direct BRS-BHD flights were charging as low as £40 return to the Northern Ireland capital (presumably to try to compete with easy on BRS-BFS), but the one rotation of the day that went via IOM charged astronomical amounts, even if one was going through to BHD.

If they could charge as low as £40 for BRS-BHD why not similarly low fares on BRS-IOM, especially when the a/c was going to BHD anyway?

I believe that Eastern is not a cheap airline when it comes to fares. If so I suppose a half full J 41 might still make money.

smallpilot
31st Mar 2004, 19:14
The loss of the JER-LCY route would be a blow for the business community? Does VLM still hold a licence for this route? Maybe they have enough spare capacity to do 2 or 3 x daily on it? F50 should be the right size a/c.

fox_trot_oscar
1st Apr 2004, 07:25
Apologies in advance for slightly hijacking the thread, but with Aurigny now 'state owned', Servisair having pulled out of GCI (BE's handling agent for years there), the only other handling agent being Aurigny (doh) and a new and doubtless more expensive airport to operate to and from, surely BE's days on the GCI route are numbered?

I've heard that they have now gone self-handling - and that ain't cheap - especially when you're competing with state-owned and subsidised competition......?

:(