PDA

View Full Version : B737 Fo/capt Jobs

M.85
20th Feb 2004, 20:34
Dear all,

I have just recieved emails about positions for 737 rated pilots(doesnt mention experience on type) for a new airline based in south of england.
Check www.flightinternational.com

Good luck guys,

M.85

Splat
20th Feb 2004, 21:39
Anyone care to guess who this might be?

All I could think of was BMI baby out of Gatwick.

Splat

Doog
21st Feb 2004, 18:56
Followed the link to Flight International, but cannot find anything in the jobs search. M.85 can you provide more details please?

M.85
21st Feb 2004, 23:49
Doog,

I got the automatic email from flightinternational, so I dont know anything more than you do..sorry,

M.85

A Very Civil Pilot
23rd Feb 2004, 02:53
Try here (http://www.flightinternational.com/fi_frameset.asp?target=fi_jobs2/jobdetail.asp?liJobID=702674) for the FI link.

Perhaps it's from Now, trying to get some flight crew back. If it is it seems a much more sensible way to go around crewing a new start.

deza
27th Feb 2004, 02:47
Hi chaps and lasses
I think M.85 should know that i followed the link on his post, then emailed Wynwith, got a reply the next day with a Fu**ing
virus in it.Its a shame i thought it was a job offer Ha bloody Ha, on a serious note watch theres a virus about.

Happy hunting

Deza
:(

Fiske
27th Feb 2004, 16:28
M.85,

Please check your PMs:8

Fiske

Goldfinger
27th Feb 2004, 20:24
A Very Civil Pilot - It is not NOW, which as I understand still has yet to get off the ground. I stand corrected, but I think things are going very very slowly in making NOW a fully fledged operation.

However, did get a flyer with the Evening Standard last night which had bmi-baby making bold statements concerning their operation at Gatwick. Now if they can give Easy a run for their money, there might be a few more jobs.

Goldfinger:}

M.85
27th Feb 2004, 21:13
Deza,

I didnt post any link here to the job offer..someone else did..Just said I recieved a mail (im subscrbed to FI) saying an airline was looking for jockeys..thats all.

M.85

Hi all who pmed me about info on the selection at Sky Europe.

I will be moving to bratislava on Monday and wont be able to reply to pms quite as often as i dont have a laptop so here are the main points about the interview/selection.

The psycho test is simple..just answer by being yourself..ybout 300 questions all regrouping 4 main areas..are you an alchoolic?are you an introvert?do you have a tendency to take risks?are you healthy.

The other test is about putting squares into circles,cards things etc..

The AtPL/knowledge test is about regular flying questions,alternates,minima,reading charts,...more like a FAA ATPL.

The interview is one to six ratio.2HR,the psy,the director of Ops,the chief pilot and another pilot.
Its staraight forward,just relax have a good time,no technical questions just a few routine ones such as what would you do if...

If you are selected youll be advised by email a few days later.

If you decide to accept the employement offer, you will have to pass a checkride on the 737 sim in Prague,sim is done by a CZA Captain and the chief pilot of sky europe is seating at the back watching..
If you have been selected for the brazilia..I am not sure what the process is.

If you are successful at the sim you will hgave to provide documents for the work permit and finalization of the employement contract.

It is all I know at the moment..

Just enjoy the day,come in in a positive mood..they are great people and very friendly..

Hope you join us very soon,

Regards,

M.85

Rosbif
27th Feb 2004, 22:10
Thanks for sharing. M.85.
Do these jobs require JAR licences, or will an ICAO ATP do the trick?

M.85
27th Feb 2004, 23:02
Hi Rosbif,

I am sorry to say but they require JAA ATPLs..as Slovakia is a JAR member state and will come into the EU on May 1st.

I hope you get what you deserve very soon..if you have any questions concerning JARs feel free to ask.
Since you have some heavy jet time(on type?)you may only need to pass 3 exams(theory exams) and a short type rating version.
Then you just need to marry a sexy central europe miss to become a european citizen:E

M.85

Stealth
28th Feb 2004, 08:54
M 0.85,
Have you scored a job yet?
Sky Europe sent me one email stating that ICAO licences are acceptable.
What is the FO net pay? I heard that is around 1300Euro per month.

M.85
29th Feb 2004, 02:26
hi stealth.

Yes i have got a 737 job with skyeurope.Will sign the contract on monday.
About the pay,youd have to ask them as it depends on experience and position offered.
If they said ICAO are accepted..great for ROSBIF.
Wasnt aware of that.

M.85

M.85
29th Feb 2004, 22:53
hi ther just went on www.skyeurope.com and if you check the requirements for flight crew(F/os and Capts) it clearly states JAR CPL licence ... nothing about just a ICAO..
I will however investigate next week when I get to the office.

M.85

juventus
2nd Mar 2004, 04:01
Does Sky europe ask for money to get typed on any the 2 types?
Tanx

M.85
3rd Mar 2004, 21:26
juventus.
Sky europe is a LOW COST Airline...does it answer your question?
Unless you are a local, youll have to pay for the rating.

Good luck,

M.85

eagerbeaver
4th Mar 2004, 00:16
M.85

I applied through flight international and their website, how long does it take to get response? I think it was about 7 days ago today i applied on the site.

Also out of interest what nationality are you?

ta

juventus
4th Mar 2004, 01:58
Thanks M.85.
Since I might have a chance to be in Bratislava sometimes soon ,do you think it is a good idea to stop by their office or they really don t like to be bothered?
Thank you again for any advice you might have.

eagerbeaver
4th Mar 2004, 15:47
juve - IMHO can't do any harm really all you want to do is stop in crash in a CV and a mooch about then be on your way.

Go for it, if you don't someone else will........................like me.

garyFR
5th Mar 2004, 21:01
I hope you like flying with froggy;)
We ll be fews french at skyeurope in a fews days
:ok:
Good luck for who go to next week selection:ok:
See you in bratislava

M.85
6th Mar 2004, 02:03
just have a few secs chaps as i have meeting at the bar with the OPS ladies ehehe
Ill take longer to answer later maybe 2morrow..but one thing not to do is to call to see if they recieved your application..happened 2 days ago when i was helping ops people to glue company people face and names on a wall paper...fun ehhe
anyways they were laughing and it made me sad to hear trhem..told them about it..it wasnt cool but hats whats happens..just be patient guys..your turn wil come..

good luck

M.85

skyman68
6th Mar 2004, 06:13
I have sent my application by email. Sent my resume. No answer after 2 weeks.even not an e mail!
they do not answer apparentlyor have to many guys applying.

M.85
7th Mar 2004, 03:06
their reply took about 4 weeks after i sent them my cv..be patient..if they decide to select you theyll contact you.
Skyman if you ever decide to fly to bratislava..ill help you out the best i can..send me your cv at my email address.

Hows clark..any news?

M.85