PDA

View Full Version : KLM/Jet2

wawkrk
20th Feb 2004, 00:38
I use KLM as much as possible because the connections are better from LBA,but I have to admit these days,it is only for the perks.
I have used Jet2 for convenience sometimes and in my opinion, they are better on the European routes than the miserable downgraded KLM service.
If you wish to have a beer for example on JET2,it costs about
€3,or a small wine with a nice snack,€9.With KLM,it costs about £300 as you have to upgrade to the new cafeteria class as the staff now call it,still with economy seating but alcohol is allowed.In economy, it is not. Not that everyone wants alcohol, it is the principle of the matter. Choice has been removed. I have heard that KLM have experienced more problems without it, than with it because of disgruntled passengers.
KLC still provide a normal service.

Joe Curry
20th Feb 2004, 01:00
One cannot buy a beer in KLM economy?:{

LBAir
20th Feb 2004, 01:42
I am aware that more and more business passengers are using JET2. When they first started up opperations at the LBA, the vast majority of passengers to say Amsterdam had been from the leisure market. JET2 are attracting an ever increasing amount of passengers from the business sector now and they are using more and more of their route network. I suspect the monopally that BMI and KLM have had at Leeds is now over. I foresee possible extentions to the JET2 route network possibly Paris in compertition with BMI is a possibility. It has been said that JET2 does not want to put other airlines out of business but the Paris route is grossly underserved, possibly to boost BMI operations at Manchester.

Come on JET2:ok: your in there!!!

MerchantVenturer
20th Feb 2004, 02:52
Last summer I flew BRS-AMS-GVA and return with KLM.

The BRS-AMS legs were with KLM Cityhopper and the AMS-GVA legs with KLM. I flew about two weeks after their 'new European economy product' (my words) had come into existence.

This meant that on the AMS-GVA sectors the refreshment was a polystyrene cup of tea or coffee (both lukewarm - my wife had one and I had the other), a tiny meat or cheese 'filled' roll and a soft drink. There was no opportunity to purchase anything else if we had wanted to. This was a flight of seventy minutes so that was not a hardship.

On my return to AMS I sought out the KLM help desk who confirmed the new policy and told me the inflight refreshment would have been the same on a two or three hour European sector.

The BRS-AMS legs by Cityhopper still served alcohol and the food was slightly more substantial and of slightly better quality, but even here standards have dropped alarmingly over the past ten years as I know from personal experience.

easyJet now compete with Cityhopper on BRS-AMS, but KLM will still probably score because a large proportion of their Cityhopper pax are being fed into AMS for onward trans-European and inter-continental flights with KLM and partners.