PDA

View Full Version : BFR flight completion C of E forms and cost

skyfarmer
16th Feb 2004, 21:31
Have just done a 1 hour flight for C of E renewal, and want to know if I have the correct form to fill in, and how much it costs

I have form SRG\1119 but there is no indication of cost on it

Have tried the CAA site, but have drawn a blank

Cheers

Neil

Keygrip
17th Feb 2004, 00:30
Neil,

There is no cost (believe it or not), BUT a flight EXAMINER needs to complete the form and sign your licence page, then you (or the examiner) sends the form off to the CAA.

You cannot just complete it yourself and mail it off to them because you have done the one hour dual ride.

Note: the expiry date of your licence is still based on getting that new signature - not just meeting all the requirements.

homeguard
17th Feb 2004, 18:40
Neil

The Revalidation flight does not in it's self revalidate your licence.
You must have met all the other requirements, also.

Equally important is that your licence Revalidation/Certificate slip (part of your licence pack) is signed before the expirey date! Otherwise whatever your experience a REVALIDATION TEST! Be warned.

The form signed by the Examiner can be sent into the CAA at a later date for it is only for record keeping.

md 600 driver
5th Mar 2004, 14:51
sky farmer
a bfr is a faa term for a biannual flight review every 2 years there is no need for a certificate the cfi will sign your logbook and stamp it
however if you are talking caa thats a diferent matter i belive thats a annual not bfr but i will leave that to someone who knows uk law

7th Mar 2004, 05:56
What does "biannual" mean? Twice a year doesn't it? How about "biennal"? ;)

DB6
7th Mar 2004, 16:49
Or even "biennial":D .

7th Mar 2004, 19:08
Quite, DB6!:\ And I even checked in the good old Little Robert beforehand. It's fairly difficult to learn English but didn't realise that teaching it would be so awkward.:p