PDA

View Full Version : Cathay ATPL

SnowPilot
15th Feb 2004, 10:14
I posted this information earlier on a different thread but i'm looking for cathay info.

Anybody have any current info on hiring and the latest what is going on?

Also is it a requirement to have an ATPL on the US freighter side?

Taikonaut
15th Feb 2004, 14:54
You should try the "Fragrant Harbor" forum. That's where you can find all the info on Cathay Pacific and Dragon Air.;)

TWApilot
2nd Mar 2004, 12:36
SnowPilot --

I don't know if an ATP is required or not, but I just interviewed for the freighter job and I can tell you that literally everyone in my group were furloughed airline pilots with between 6000 and 8000 hours total time. I'm certain we all had ATPs as well.

So, even if it isn't required, you'll probably need one to be competitive.

One of the first things you do in class in HKG is convert your license to a HK ATP, so you'll probably need one in order to convert it.

I'm just guessing, though.

404 Titan
2nd Mar 2004, 14:44
SnowPilot

The minimum requirements for Direct Entry Second Officer applicants are(Pax Fleet):
· A current ICAO Airline Transport Pilot License or a Commercial Pilot License (obtained without exemptions) with a pass in all ATPL ground examinations
· A valid multi-engine instrument rating
· A minimum of 1,000 hours fixed wing (preference is given to applicants with turbine or multi-engine experience)
· Experience commensurate with age
· Able to satisfy Hong Kong aviation medical requirements
· Fluent spoken & written English.

The minimum criteria for Direct Entry First Officer applicants are(Freighter Fleet):
· Maximum 46 years of age at time of application
· A current ICAO Airline Transport License (gained without exemptions)
· A minimum of 1,000 hours in one of the following categories:
o Airline Jet Transport
o Turbo Prop Command (MAUW greater than 20,000 KGs.)
o Corporate Jet Command
o High Performance Military Jet
o Military Flying Instruction (Fixed wing)
· Able to satisfy Hong Kong aviation medical requirements
· Fluent spoken & written English
· The right to live and work in the chosen Base Area. The Company does not sponsor applications to the relevant immigration authorities for Flight Crew to live or operate out of any port other than Hong Kong.

apollon
11th Mar 2004, 03:42
I know that the application requires an ICAO ATPL, but I do also know a lot of pilots that got in with just an FAA ATPL.

I think that if you have an ICAO license it becomes a lot easier
to convert to the HK license... (less written exams)

Good luck !

404 Titan
11th Mar 2004, 08:53
apollon

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I always assumed that an FAA ATPL was an ICAO ATPL. They are signatories to ICAO after all.