PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP written and Practical

concordino
13th Feb 2004, 03:22
Hello all,

Anyone know where one can do an FAA ATP written and Practical fligh test in Spain ?

I am looking for FAA approved schools in Spain where one can do their ATP altogether.

More like ALL ATPS back in the States.

Thank you

BarajasGuy
22nd Feb 2004, 03:27
Hi there concordino,

I'm afraid you won't find any FAA certified Flight School in Spain. All training organisations (FTO's) are design in accordance with the JAA regulations, since Spain is a JAA contracting state (one of the first ones).

I know you can undergo both, FAA and JAA training back in the U.S., but you know, they are decades ahead of us in terms of pilot training.

I wish we were ruled by the FAA. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your search.

Cheers! :ok:

herta
6th Mar 2004, 04:32
Hallo !

As far as I heard, the only place in europe where one can take the theoretical FAA is in Paris with flight safety.
For the practical, US is compulsory.

J3-stealth
8th Mar 2004, 04:35
Hi Concordino,
If you meet the requirements for the FAA ATP (check this out @ www.faa.gov) , just get any of the ATP written test books commercially available, Jeppsen , Gleim, ASA , etc, study for the test (it s not so difficult, not even close to the JAR-FCL),
when you are ready, buy a ticket and go the the several thousand of flight schools in the US, take the written, do some training, pass the checkride and that 's it!!!
You can do this in one week if you like to!
Good luck!!!

J3-stealth (another ATP)

FlyAny
24th Mar 2004, 05:39
For FAA exams and practicals, look at Germany. I haven't been there in awhile but, there were a few flying clubs in Germany at US airfields. They had access to FAA DPE's (Designated Pilot Examiners).

I don't know this to be the case but, for the same reasons there might be FAA DPE's in the UK.