PDA

View Full Version : Modular plus type rating

flying sheep dog
12th Feb 2004, 04:52
I am looking at doing my CPL and looking around , I cannot decide on a CPL modular course with money left over to do a 737/Airbus rating or else do an intregrated course for the same money at an established school. A school at Kemble Glos( BCT) offers modular plus type rating for less than say OATS , BAE etc.intregrated course,... they have several Airline capts on staff as pt instructors. with a current check and training capt with a major airline willing to look at you during the course and assess you. With the many airlines wanting typeratings this seems a better option than and intregrated course as you will come out with a type rating for the same money. any ideas

HENRI
12th Feb 2004, 06:18
This sounds a good option , I was thinking of integrated but If you can get a frozen ATPL and a type rating it sounds a good option. A friend of mine is doing his his training at BCT and I am tempted ,their staff are very switched on to the airline world and have good contacts, they are expanding into new premises and are very reasonably priced. Kemble is friendly airport too.

FLYbyWIT
12th Feb 2004, 06:46
SOFT SELL alert!!!!

aces low
12th Feb 2004, 15:39
This is not a direct comment on your post, but I have heard from balpa (one of the pilot's unions) that there are appoximatley 1100 frozen ATPLs out there looking for their first job. I assume this does not include ATPLs who have been made redundant in the last year. The question you have to ask yourself is why should an airline employ you rather than one of the other 1100 who are sending cvs in each month. Total time might make the difference to some, while a type rating (with no actual experience?) might persuade others that you are worth a punt.

After a year of job searching I still don't know waht the airlines want. It seems to be a complete lottery and 'who you know' (one of our instructors has had an interview this week...he has 300 hours...another has not had a squeak and has 1200 hours and MCC). Cultivate your contacts....it is probably more cost effective than 'wasting' money on a type rating.

Be lucky!