PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Aviation Publications

Stunty
11th Feb 2004, 09:15
Hi all.

Im after the following information as a bit of market research for a company I am involved with in the early stages of its infancy. I would like to find Canadian Publications that would be suitable for advertising. My product is suitable for canadians only (mainly PPL and CPL licenced pilots) which rules out many of the big flying mags because they are primarily US made and read. So far I have found the aviation trader newspaper, but I am looking for other mags that are widely read, I am also interested in ultralight mags that are read by a lot of Canadians.

Any help most appreciated, and i'll happily buy a beer for those full of good information when the next Pprune bash occurs at the Beaver in Vanc!!!

Cheers
Stunty

bcflyer
11th Feb 2004, 12:42
Stunty,

I'm not sure of their circulation but have you tried Aviator magazine in YYJ? I know their magazine gets around to alot of places on the west coast. Their website is www.aviatormag.com
Hope this helps,

Bcflyer

P.S. If it works out I'll take you up on that beer offer!!:D

Jabewar
11th Feb 2004, 12:53
Try Wings magazine.

http://www.wingsmagazine.com/

Stunty
12th Feb 2004, 01:25
great start. I'll look into those.

Cheers
Stunty

goates
13th Feb 2004, 10:34
I'd have to agree with Jabewar, have a look at Wings. It's the only Canadian aviation mag that I can easily find and see everywhere.

goates

Phil Lister
17th Feb 2004, 18:16
Here's another one...
http://www.aviationcanada.ca/index.htm

MrSkupe
18th Feb 2004, 10:12
May I recommend Aviator Magazine. Distribution is slowly improving, but the quality is worth the effort of finding one.

www.aviatormag.com

Stunty
19th Feb 2004, 02:02
Thanks again, that has given me a great start. I have contacted all of the above and they have been very helpfull. However I am still lacking a place to advertise to ultralight pilots which is expected to form a sizeable part of my market share. Many countries have special ultralight mags, but I cant seem to find one in Canada.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Stunty