PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh! Dilemma re CPL & IR school.

Startup
11th Feb 2004, 04:32
OK, I've done my homework and been to see a few schools, got prices and compared. I'm now down to two (three) schools at Exeter. Wondering if the good Joe & Josephine Public of PPRuNe can possibly help now....

Very impressed with Airways Flight Training (who isn't- there isn't a bad word to be said about them if you read the PPRuNe archives). They are also the best priced by a small margin.

Aviation South West (CPL only) also sounds very personable, amenable and competitive.

But then there's Flightpass, over on the other side of the airport. They haven't been conducting the training for long, but I'm impressed with their setup, the building, the people and the all-singing all-dancing FNPT2. Not as cheap as Airways, but then again they are using the FNPT2 and a Seneca III.

On top of that I've found good accomodation in Exeter for £175/month 25-30 mins drive from the airport, in the city (available EXACTLY when I want it :D )

So.......

All the signs are pointing to Exeter. Do I now hold fire until I take a look at Leeds Flying School? Or can someone say something about any of these schools that might sway me?

(those at Airways & Flightpass know exactly who I am... by now!)

trainer too 2
11th Feb 2004, 05:36
If there is one school I can thoroughly recommend it is Professional Flight Training ( didn't WWW the moderator work there when he was young ;) ) They are at a great place BOH with all the trimings for international trips, Airways, great aircraft great instructors and a great sim.

Give them a call or a visit because you get your moneys worth. Leeds was very profesional over the phone when I was looking but I have never visited them.

Good luck!

silverknapper
25th Sep 2004, 12:46
Hi Guys

Anyone any views on this one since last time?

Cheers

SK