PDA

View Full Version : copilot.publications.co.uk

orakle
11th Feb 2004, 03:31
Just been stumbling about the internet and found these people. Any body had experience with them?

scroggs
11th Feb 2004, 14:07
They used to be the primary source of information for anyone trying to get into the airlines. They were (are?) run by a couple of guys that were unemployed themseves, and decided to share what they learned with others via an excellent newsletter. They were the first to organise presentations by the major airlines that were relevent to wannbes and could be attended by anybody for a sensible price.

Over the years these guys became employed and the fire probably died a bit. They've certainly been shaded by the Flyer and Balpa employment symposia, and by Pprune itself. I wasn't actually aware that they still existed; I'd be interested to learn what they offer now.

Scroggs

orakle
11th Feb 2004, 21:25
They don't refer to symposia on their web site. But they do have a recent news letter which seems full of useful stuff. They also advertise a directory with I think they said over 280 pilot employers in the UK. Are there really that many. Is the data any good?

onehunga
11th Feb 2004, 23:31
Just had a quick read of their website and although there was the odd snippet of useful information I reckon the vast majority of what I saw could also be gleaned through:-

- the ppjn website for pay and conditions
- reading/searching pprune and posting "directed" questions to fill in the blanks
- subscribing to Flight International or other relevant industry publications

bits
13th Feb 2004, 17:27
Copilot publications provided me with much back ground information to enable me to find my current job under my own steam. I found them very helpful. For me much better than scratching about trying to glean information on my own. I found most telephone calls to employers were not well received.

regards bits.:D