PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training In Florida

davey147
10th Feb 2004, 04:36
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the flight schools in florida, the two i have in mind are, Ormond Beach Aviation and Naples Air Center.

I do beleive people can descuss how good or bad flight schools are within the forum, so i would be gratefull if some people could email me their views on these flight schools to:-

Thank you in advance

CAT3C AUTOLAND
10th Feb 2004, 15:38
Hello Davey,

I have been to both of these schools, and if you are trying to make a choice between these two, NAC is the better school, however that is only my personal opinion.

I did my PPL at OBA in 1995, and to be quite honest I got on fine. I was lucky enough to have a very good instructor, however there are some people, who post here who have had some bad experiences.

I have been to NAC twice now, once in 2002, and then returned the following year for some hour building. On both occasions I have had a great time.

Good Luck

Charlie Zulu
10th Feb 2004, 16:16
Hi Dave,

Out of the two schools mentioned I've only been to NAC so unable to comment on OBA.

However I do know of someone, now and airline pilot, who did his PPL at OBA around seven years ago and had a great time.

I was at NAC last July for a month for a couple of FAA courses. Good school, decent aircraft (I was flying the Warriors and Arrow) and a nice atmosphere between all students and instructors.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

strafer
11th Feb 2004, 16:21
People are allowed to discuss flight schools, so long as they are 'approved' by Pprune. One of the more petty and unhelpful features of this forum unfortunately.

Ninety-Nines
12th Feb 2004, 08:18
One may get that perception, however, the real story is that one school in particular threatens PPrune with legal action if anything bad is said about them. So would you blame PPrune for not allowing their name to be mentioned?

Normally if anything overtly bad is said about a school , should there be complaints then a discussion is opened and it is determined whether this is a personal vendetta or true case. That is when the item may be pulled.

strafer
12th Feb 2004, 17:14
Ninety-nines,

Florida eh? hmmm.:O

You're generally right although I have seem some 'exchanges' which were simply childish & petty.

The fact is that one of the best features of this forum is the ability for people to garner opinions on flight schools before they visit them. If certain schools are banned from discussion, then it's not a level playing field.

A certain school I could think of does provide very cheap PPLs (important to some people) and there are certain pointers that would improve peoples experience of it if they went there with some second hand knowledge.

Threats of libel action are only worth worrying about if the comments are damaging and untrue. However, the law of fair comment still applies in almost all cases.

Personally, I think 'vendettas' are best left to Sicilians with silly moustaches.:cool: