PDA

View Full Version : Training Providers - register for Forces Learning

Aeronut
10th Feb 2004, 03:32
The Armed Forces has launched a scheme whereby every member can receive credit towards academic and vocational qualifications. Each individual will be entitled to between £3000 and £6000 depending on time served etc.

The first claims and therefore courses funded by this scheme will
occur this April but for individuals to commence any training the course provider must be registered.

Tayside Aviation and Kinloss Flying club have already registered suggesting that flying training will be a valid use of the credits.

Website here:

www.enhancedlearningcredits.co.uk

The current list of Learning Providers is by no means exclusive. If you are a provider and wish to be included in the Scheme please apply for ELC Approved Learning Provider status by completing the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and returning it by post to

ELCAS
Farncombe House
Broadway
Worcestershire
WR12 7LJ

I would have thought that ATPL groundschool, CPL flying courses and FI(R) courses would be suitable for the scheme.

So, course providers - have you considered making it easy for forces personnel to enroll on your course?:confused:

Aeronut
19th Mar 2004, 17:26
A few more training providers have now registered.:ok:

Seems to be a lack of any flight schools from the South East and Midlands at the moment.

Maybe they don't want the business?:rolleyes:

New additions I have noticed are:

Babcock ATPL Ground School,
Bristol Ground School,
Airways Flight Training
Bournemouth Flight Centre

added to Moray Flying Club and Tayside Aviation.

The scheme goes live in a couple of weeks and those training providers that are registered are going to influence lots of choices!

Aeronut
16th Apr 2004, 09:00
C'mon Cabair, OATS, Bristol Flying Centre, Kemble, Aero's Gloucester, Wycombe, Plymouth

Still a lack of schools registering for this scheme. Help us spend our free money!

scubawasp
16th Apr 2004, 13:25
If anyone of you is interested in obtaining their PPL in the South East we will be doing our best to register.

PM me if your interested!:ok:

Aeronut
16th Apr 2004, 17:51
AMS
This scheme assists armed forces personnel prepare for employment when they leave the forces. It provides a contribution to training costs for all sorts of employment from plumbing to pilot and for all ranks and trades. Individuals see no money themselves but training schools are paid direct.

Schools must register and be approved before any payments can be made.

It is the training schools that need to take steps to register which is why I have posted on this forum to alert them to that fact. There are at present very few CPL/FI schools that have registered, especially in central England which is frustrating for some who are ready to commence training.