PDA

View Full Version : Any tips - JAA to FAA licence conversion

DITS
9th Feb 2004, 18:53
Any folks out there recently converted their JAA to a FAA licence.

Any pointers on the following would be much appreciated :

1) What is invovled?
2) How long does it take?
3) What does it cost?
4) Where is good to go?

Cheers

DITS

Keygrip
9th Feb 2004, 21:45
Is that Private, Commercial, Airline Transport, Television or Dog?

Buzzy
9th Feb 2004, 21:53
1/ To convert CPL - as required (assuming you have correct experience)
IR - again depending on experience but chances are - 15hrs of which 10 may be in the sim

2/ Depends on you I guess - 2-3 weeks?

3/ IR - around £5000, CPL - obviously depends on how much training you need

4/ AFT - Exeter (excellent)
Bristol
PFT - Bournemouth

vfr on top
9th Feb 2004, 23:31
Buzzy:

Think you are talking about converting FAA to JAA.

DITS wanted JAA to FAA

DITS
12th Feb 2004, 22:35
Its a JAA CPL / IR (frozen ATPL) that I am looking to convert to the FAA equivalent. So if anyone has experience of heading down that route or a web address that might help out, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

FYG
13th Feb 2004, 01:07
DITS

Speak to Yuri Milner at this address. I spent some time there last year and thought Yuri was very good. He will be able to help you.
I dont know how much it will cost you but he is very reasonable and will sort out your accommodation as well.
[email protected] I'm not too sure about the capital 'S' there.
Also the company is now called Riverside and they are no longer affiliated to Stapleford.
Good Look.

Cirius
13th Feb 2004, 17:10
There's some information on this site that may be useful about converting JAA to FAA.

http://passion2fly.com/

Hope it helps.

Chinchilla.612
13th Feb 2004, 18:49
I agree with the above post from FYG. I did FAA training out at Riverside last summer, and it is an excellent place with superb instructors. I did the FAA to JAA route though, but I'm sure Yuri could work out the best deal for you with JAA to FAA.
Also check their web site if you are interested:
www.riversideflightcenter.com

All the best.

Chinchilla.

Klatsch
14th Feb 2004, 02:20
How long and how much depends largely on your present hours and experienceand whether you want single engine, multi-engine or both. As long as you meet the requirements for the FAA Commercial and Instrument you should do it in less than 2 weeks. I have just sent my F/O out to the US to convert his JAA to FAA, he was complete in 10 days. Send me a pm and I will give you some more details.