PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatic training

Steve76
7th Feb 2004, 22:19
Lads,

I want to do some aerobatic training in the London, Kitchener area this summer.
Does anyone know anybody with a pitts or similar that can do this and how much does it typically cost.

Thanks

mstram
8th Feb 2004, 11:51
Steve,

Jerry Younger at CYKF *was* givining aero dual in his Pitts a few years ago, not sure if he's still doing it. Last number I had for him was 519-824-5135.

Grimsby AirPark has a Citabria, they do dual aero, ~100/hr including instruction and plane.

[email protected]

Then there's AirCombat out of CYSN, who do dual in Extra 300'L's, and Decathalons. Quite pricey though, $700/hr for the Extra, 330/hr for the decathalons http://www.fightercombat.com/Canada/train1.htm

Mike

Steve76
9th Feb 2004, 09:33
Thanks mstram,

I gave Jerry Youngers number a call and came up trumps. I will be going to drive the pitts in April.
Very much appreciated,

All the best

Steve76
London Ont.

mstram
9th Feb 2004, 22:25
Steve,

Great ! Have fun ! Good to know that he's still teaching.

How much akro have you done? Flown in a Pitts before?

I was tempted to to go up with Jerry, and still might, but I've only had about an hour of akro in the Citabria, and quite frankly got queasy both times. I've been told that the queasies go away, the more that you fly. I'd like to have my stomach, .... and my akro skills up to at least the beginner level, before I'd waste my time in a Pitts or Extra.. Still want to fly both of those just to see what they're like though.

ttyl

Mike