PDA

View Full Version : The master Plan to Flight Deck Position

campbell83
6th Feb 2004, 08:31
Hi all, my first post on this forum but not my first visit. As with all the posts in this forum are similar I shall apologise in advance but as it is a very large investment that shall make or break my life financially (I am 20yrs) I would really appreciate some info and PM’s about EFT from your experiences there. My plan is to do the APP program there with the ground school taken at Oxford I feel that this is a very good plan for myself. I have done all the searches (before any one says!) for two weeks till 4am most nights and EFT has the best comments only accommodation is bad but allot is outdated. I’ve also looked at all other schools, Naples a very close second but I think it’s more of a club type school (a very good one) but not a Professional flight centre type. Thanks very much for reading and will return the favour to others in my position when flight training. Please PM me if you feel the comments can’t be posted. I’m off to Cabair tomorrow for the seminar haven already been to Oxford but UK flying is very expensive, at least you can build up your hours instructing in America as part of the programs.:ok:

batty
6th Feb 2004, 18:11
Dont worry about accomodation, you can live anywhere for a year or so. I went OATS route a few years back and it got me a jet job, enough said really!. I believe a few airlines still look to OATS for ab-initos. That said it is a lot of money, more than when I left.

The industry is picking up slowly so hopefully when you get finished jobs will be easier to find. Just remember all you get is a license at the end of the day, the hard bit is getting a job!

Good luck

Sensible
6th Feb 2004, 20:38
Welcome to these forums, appologies are never necessary here. Yes, lots of us understand your concerns about spending a huge amount of cash on flight training. It’s true that a wrong decision can make your training miserable to say the least. I have personal experience as a ‘victim’ of a particular training establishment as have many others frequenting these forums and there are plenty of opinions available on the been there, done that and would/wouldn’t go back variety. There is nothing wrong with trawling to get the maximum feedback from others to enable you to make the best possible decision on training provider.

NAC a club? well firstly there is no bar and that is an essential component of a flying club in my view :ok: secondly there is no annual membership charge and thirdly there is no election of officers so I don't think that they quite qualify as a club.

They do qualify in my view as a professional flight training establishment and yes, they are a friendly but also extremely efficient establishment and Naples is an excellent airport.

Can't speak of EFT because I have no knowledge.

It's your choice

campbell83
8th Feb 2004, 19:13
Thanks a lot for the replies guys its much appreciated.:)