PDA

View Full Version : cpl training

muck-savage
5th Feb 2004, 05:59
Hello,

just wondering can you do the cpl flight training in Aerofan spain , meet the requirements , come back home and take the flight test ? ( having passed the exams in uk )

peb
5th Feb 2004, 06:07
I have talk to others spanish FOTs in Spain and what they told me is that you have to talk to the CAA and check if they will reconice your course and your flight test to writte you lince.

I have seen they web site and the swiming pool, the tennis course and the gardens they are not part of the flight training. They are for menbers of a Club call RACE that is situated in the same airport. If some one wants I can take a picture of the only building that they have in Cuatro Vientos ( they do not show it in the web site)

Airchart
6th Feb 2004, 14:05
First of all Peg. It's all very well giving out information but I honestly don't think it's fair to give out information that is not correct. Please don't lie.

1. Aerofan is a member of the RACE (Royal Spanish Air Club) and rents out over 4000 square feet of RACE instalations, including a private apron (only available to the Aerofan fleet), classrooms, simulator rooms and all the students at Aerofan are entitled to use the RACE swimming pool, tennis courts and all other ground instalations. And they do!!

2. No FTO located at Cuatro Vientos Airport owns any property whatsoever. All buildings in the AENA area are owned by AENA. All buildings in the RACE area are owned by the RACE.

3. The building that you mention belongs to AEROFAN, infact doesn't! It also belongs to the RACE. Just like AeroMadrid, Aerotec and all the others.

Having noticed that you seem very pro-AeroMadrid, I should like to mention that just two weeks ago, 5...yes 5 Aeromadrid students enroled in modular CPL/IR/ME courses at Aerofan because they were fed up of waiting to fly at AeroMadrid.

This is the truth and these are facts, not what you seem to include in your messages.....I wonder why?

Muck,

I'm afraid thet under JAR regulations you can't train for your CPL in any country other than the one where you took your theory exams for that licence. You must do your CPL training in the UK if you took your ATPL theory exams in the UK. All other training for ratings such as ME/IR/ME-IR can be done in any JAR state. It is standard procedure. There are several flight schools in Madrid that offer these courses, but I recommend that first of all you must check out whether you will be able to complete the course in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, check out whether they have native UK instructors. As far as I know, most of them don't. Aerofan does (just as a matter interest).

good luck.

FlyingForFun
6th Feb 2004, 16:40
I'm afraid thet under JAR regulations you can't train for your CPL in any country other than the one where you took your theory exams for that licenceThat certainly used to be the case. But I think I heard a rumour a few months ago that it was going to change. To tell the truth, though, there are so many rumours that I can't keep up with all of them, so I may be completely wrong... but there's certainly no harm in asking the CAA. Make sure you get an answer in writing, though!

FFF
---------------

peb
6th Feb 2004, 18:23
Im not "pro-AeroMadrid" because I do not have anything to do with them. To me the best FOTs are Areomadrid, American Flyers and AirMed.
Im very suprise that the students of that FTo went to Aerofan because I believe that at the moment they are not usuing the planes to the 100% ( but if you say it I believe you). I can tell you that a friend of mine have done 22 hours since 10 of january up to today (take in acount the days that was the airport close). And you can also check the timetable that thay have in their web site and you will see how busy are them. What type of courses they were doing the people who left , Pll, modular or integrated?
Could you tell me where are the class rooms and the simulartors (What type)?
I do not think that is it fear that the put the pictures of RACE Club in the wed site when they are not part of the FTO.
One more thing I saying what I think is correct and if is not correct this is a forum where you can reply as you did but do not tell me that I lie. They were all hosnest questions. I do not want to have a stupid fight.
I hope that you are saying that spanish instructors are not able to give leassons in english.
Please tell me wich FTO is the best one. Aerofan??

:ok: