PDA

View Full Version : Cloud9Aviation-Czech Rep

flybyshark
2nd Feb 2004, 11:22
I will soon be completing my CPL ME/IR in NZ. Looking for a place in Europe to convert to JAA when I return home to U.K.

Has anyone heard of Cloud 9 Aviation? I have looked at their website, its a relatively new place so I was wondering if anyone knew of their background?

FlightDetent
2nd Feb 2004, 18:45
Soooo :suspect: ...

I have finished my f/ATPL just a year ago and never heard of them, sooo just out of curiosity I phoned the Fligh Crew Licencing dept. and about 20 mins ago they've said:

No, C9A do not operate here and never did. Although last summer thay had plans and filed an application that fits with the web presentation, but thats exactly where it stopped.:hmm:

The web's latest update is approximately same time, I guess it is no wind-up then, it's simply outdated and they never made it.

Pity is, that you would have loved the city, girls, and pint o'lager at a decent trendy bar is served at 0,5GBP (yes, that reads "half-a-pound" a.k.a 50p). The airport is just about perfect for IR training (I got checked there), all is controlled airspace, practically all just for you, with two more international ADs within 60 min flying time... etc., etc.
------

No matter the outcome, be advised about the state of lincece acceptation. Local (JAA member) authority need not to accept anothers JAA country JAR-FCL licence!!! That is what all the fuss was ment to be about, yet, it doesn't happen!
For instance Czech rep. is a full JAA member, JAR-FCL1 compliant, audited good to accept by JAA HQ, still Germany wouldn't let you fly D-??? registered airplanes. After somepaperwork you'll eventually be allowed to do so based on your CZ JAA papers, but it doesn't come on automatically I gather. On the other hand, I believe UK does not apply any additional restrictions.

My examples may even be completely foul, but do check with your CAA first to find what, if any, are the requirements to excercise the privileges of your foreign-based licence. It may even differ based on the state of issue.

Good luck.
FD.

flybyshark
3rd Feb 2004, 10:40
Thanx for the info FlyDetent, I guess you are working in Czech on B737s? How is that going?

I have been in dialogue with Cloud 9 since last year (the time indicated on the website) but due to funds came to NZ instead which has been a good choice.

The info I get back from them is with regards to conversions and the developments they are due to make this year so it is a touch disconcerting to hear they never even started JAA Ab-Initio training........

So now I am looking to return to Europe and start the complicated process of 'where and how and to what extent' I will take my licence further.

Thanx again :ok:

FlightDetent
4th Feb 2004, 22:05
Oh, thanks, I battle hard every day and so far it has been a succesful tactics. :cool:

I wish you lucky decisions for the future,
FD.