PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Naples

Starchild
30th Jan 2004, 04:36
Sensible answers only please but what is the best way to get from Orlando to Naples once I land with good old BA ?.

Bus, taxi coach ?

Any advice and experience greatly appreciated

Paul

AndyDRHuddleston
30th Jan 2004, 05:26
Starchild,

I have been looking at going to NAC for some time now, and have jsut started planning my 12months there. I also debated whether a hire car, taxi, bus or train would be the best option, but after a little investigating I found that Continental Airlines fly into Naples (KAPF). I only looked at a MIA-APF, and it looks like there are 4 flights a day on that route, maybe worth while checking their website out, or if you haven't booked yet, check www.opodo.co.uk out for routes from UK to Naples (APF). I actually found a return ticket for £592 from MAN!!!

Hope this helps

ADRH

Sensible
30th Jan 2004, 05:26
Did you mention me? :O
Best bet is either to rent a car - try Holiday Autos or contact the flight school that you are goint to who may be able to link you up with another student or have some magical advice for you. If you havent booked your flight yet try going into Miami - it's a darned sight closer and if you are after a cheap deal into Orlando try www.mytravel.com

Frank Furillo
30th Jan 2004, 15:43
I went in October to NAC's Rival London Aviation, I flew BMI from Manchester to Chicago, transfer to United to Fort Myres (KRSW) about 30 mins drive, If you stay at the Wellesley Inn on Fifth, (I believe most of NAC's students stay there as well), it's about a ten minute car ride or twenty minute bike ride to the airport.
Car hire , well mine cost $3000.00 for nine weeks for a full size with CDW (a must) with Dollar, I also got upgraded free to a Convertable, Bikes cost from $60.00 at Wall Mart (a ten minute walk from the Wellesley), getting there get a cab from Miami ($160.00, 2 Hours drive) of Fort Myres. I nearly went to Orlando, but getting to Naples by road from there is too long.
Have Fun

spitfire747
30th Jan 2004, 15:44
I have been to Naples before and will be heading out there on the 1st March (My return ticket to Florida with Virgin Atlantic was £196 + TAX)

What i did before and what i am doing this time is renting a car (www.dollar.com) which cost approx 22US$ per day and the drive from Orlando takes about 5 hours during the day. This is by far the easiest way as the US bus and train network is not as extensive or easy as the UKs.

The acr pick up is in th airport and the drop off point is 10 mins walk from naples air center

PM me if you want any more advice

Spitty

jau
1st Feb 2004, 20:54
I'm going over in July, flying in to Miami, and then flying from Miami to Naples on Cape Air.
www.capeair.com
About $94.
jau

Chris Powell
5th Feb 2004, 21:03
For ease,l I would say to hire a car, I think they recommend Dollar or Hertz, both with drop off's by the airport. Greyhound bus is $27 dollars one way, but only 3 or 4 times a day which means I would have to wait at the airport (Miami) for about 6 hours....when are you going?

Chris