PDA

View Full Version : WMU college of aviation

hm671
30th Jan 2004, 02:01
Was wondering if this place was still going. Never hear much about it on here but had a look at there website: http://www.wmich.edu/aviation/programs/JAA/JAA_INT/jaa_introduction.htm
As it is about £20,000 cheaper than oxford and jerez (including accom.) was wondering if anybody had some info? Whats their selection procedure like? Just as good as the other two?

Jonny
30th Jan 2004, 05:01
It looks good doesn't it? I was of the impression that its a new course so I'm interested to know why you say "still going"?

I'm looking into myself. Is there a selection procedure? I looked around the site and couldn't find any info about that.

I suppose the price difference reflects the usual difference in price between Europe and the States and the strength of the dollar against the pound.

The question i'm asking is whether the training is up to scratch (and respected) and whether US training in general is relevent enough to Europe... less busy airspace etc.

If you're interested, i was in contact with their marketing (yeah, i know) dept today and was told that the next course starts in May but you should get there on April 27th and applications must be recieved by March 01st (to sort out visa etc).

From what i can see at the mo it's a chance to get the advantages of an integrated course (get it all done at once, surrounded by like-minded others, structured, ongoing instructor, more respected*starts argument*) for a very good price.

I can handle being 45K in debt... 70 sounds mega-scary!

I wish you could search these forums coz I'm sure there's info about this about.

JohnnyPharm
30th Jan 2004, 23:50
BA sent their cadets there pre 9/11. Course closed post 9/11, but has reopened now. Good reputation apparently.

hm671
31st Jan 2004, 04:19
Johnny -

On reference to selection procedure i found was as an "additional cost" here: http://www.wmich.edu/aviation/programs/JAA/JAA_INT/pricing.htm
Would certainly like to here what this entails.
The site search seems to be working again but havent had much time to have a real delve around. With BA and Aer Lingus using them pre 9/11, it certainly seems to have been v reputable.

Anyone know any further details?