PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating

greenpark
30th Jan 2004, 01:11
Hi everyone!

Would anyone be able to tell me where is the best place in Europe to get a Boeing 767 type rating and what would the approximate cost be?

Also,in your opinion, what s the best type rating to get nowadays?

Thank you!!

Ex Oggie
30th Jan 2004, 01:20
Q.1 Sorry, no idea

Q.2 A free one that you get paid to do :D

Fuel Crossfeed
30th Jan 2004, 17:12
Greenpark

Check out - flightsafetyboeing.com
List all the boeing sims around the world.

peetee6
3rd Mar 2004, 10:12
do you have any previous jet time, the reason i ask this is i'm looking at a 767 rating however i have zero jet time, is this a good idea, or is another rating 737 etc more beneficial TT6100 hrs mostly turboprop. cheers.

trainer too 2
3rd Mar 2004, 16:07
Check out www.CAE.COM too. They have a brand new one in BRU and one with AZ in Rome.

bafanguy
4th Mar 2004, 00:05
Unless there are some terminology differences when saying "type rating" in the EU vs USA, I assume you mean a rating that allows you to step into the left seat as PIC. If this will be your first foray into jets, look at the most commonly operated type in your area. From what I see in cruising the job postings, the B-737 ( -300 or better ) is the most common and would most likely be the type you'd be in line for as a guy breaking into the airline jet game. If you have no jet time, a B-767 rating with no line experience might not be as appealing to the employment people who will be looking to put you into a -737 job most likely. Good luck.

FatFlyer
5th Mar 2004, 05:23
Unlike the US, in Europe you need a type rating to act as first officer in all multi crew planes (except some small ones such as King airs which are flown single crew and you act as pilots assistant but do not log time.)
If you have no jet time, as well as the rating done at one of the above training organisations you would need to find an airline willing to do the base training for you in the actual aircraft.
There are a few 737 ones on offer but I have not seen any 757/767 ones advertised.
Most operators want time on type as well as the rating if they don't train you themselves though with 6000 hrs turboprop you might be lucky with just the rating.