PDA

View Full Version : Flushing data in B744 CDU

Michelmvd
29th Jan 2004, 20:01
I know that after landing the routedata in the B744 CDU is automaticaly flushed.
Can someone tell me what parameters must be forefilled to start flushing the data. (touch down, speed, or something else ?)
Secondly, apart from the route data (waypoints) is all weight, fuel and time data flushed? Or is this happening later at the gate?
Many thks for help
Michel

visit my web site for lots of aircraft spotters info, aircraft slides, flightsim info etc

My B744 sim project http://users.pandora.be/michel.vandaele/sim1.htm

Intruder
30th Jan 2004, 06:23
Actually, route data is NOT flushed! Waypoints are deleted from the active route as they are passed, but route data in the inactive route remains. Check how old the data is in RTE 2 sometime...

Other data, such as ACARS Preflight data, is flushed at block-in or upon sending the Postflight report.

Michelmvd
30th Jan 2004, 15:55
Thanks for info.
What is happening then with the inputs as assumed temp, v-spds, weather / alof winds etc. flightnid etc ?
Ciao
Michel

square leg
30th Jan 2004, 16:56
I'm not familiar with the 744 FMS, but on the GNLU-910A the temporary database is automatically deleted after every fight (if I'm not mistaken when decelerating through 30kts, at least that's when the screens stop displaying the flight plan data). The supplemental database can only be deleted by pilot action on ground (WoW).

As previously stated, the ACARS data gets "deleted" when new data is entered or when the A/C is powered down for more than a certain threshold limit.

It would be interesting to hear what a mechanic has to say about this.

Intruder
31st Jan 2004, 01:04
Data input in the PERF INIT and APPROACH pages is, IIRC, deleted when a new airport is entered in the ROUTE PAGE 1. Wind data are deleted along with their respective waypoints as they are passed.