PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem!!!

**777lover**
29th Jan 2004, 02:26
Hi,

Its currently mayhem in the south of england with LGW and STN shut, and LHR filling quickly with diversions all i can say is good luck to the controllers who are trying ot sort this out. I'm sure you'll manage it with ease. GOOD LUCK!

Dave :ok:

simfly
29th Jan 2004, 02:31
Listening to ABZ tower who, at 1920 was telling BA 734 for LGW that LGW not taking in arrivals before 2040!!!! oh, and just saw a very impressive go-around by incoming LHR scarebus. Seemed to float followed by swift TOGA select, a/c apparently now diverted.

Charley B
29th Jan 2004, 03:03
Just heard LGW are shortly to re-open --good news for the ones diverted to Exeter ,Jersey ,etc!!
Bournemouth (and Soton I believe) are still also shut!

Look_Up
29th Jan 2004, 03:31
Does anyone have any news on TCX986L diverted from BHX and currently stuck at Manchester? TIA

Goldfish Watcher
29th Jan 2004, 03:58
charley B

are you listening now?

LukeEGTE
29th Jan 2004, 04:18
Any idea what's at Exeter?

They might have diverted a 747 there if it needed to because they can use the end bit which has a round end to do a handbrake turn so it can stop.

Jerricho
29th Jan 2004, 19:33
I wonder how happy the locals around Heathrow were with a moderate stream of arrivals going on till about just after midnight, and departures all night.

*Shakes head again*

Charley B
29th Jan 2004, 22:37
Jerricho,
The airport was there long before a lot of the grumblers moved nearby.!!!They knew what living nearby means when they bought their houses at a very realistic price ---Im afraid that they have to put up with the late arrivals and departures when theres been adverse weather --I wouldnt mind at all!

FlyUK
29th Jan 2004, 22:46
Charley B, totally agree with you on that one. Although the very early morning arrivals (0500-0600) that had to use full reverse thrust this morning must have woken everyone up in a 2 mile radius of the airport.
I was told the runway and taxiways were like ice rinks!

Expedite. :ok:

Jerricho
31st Jan 2004, 00:56
CB, preaching to the choir my dear! :) If you lived up this way, you wouldn't have got any sleep.

It's just that we bust a gut to ensure our night movements adhere to our noise abatement procedures to keep the locals happy, and for our "noise night curfew" between 2300 and 0600/0700. But some nights the phone on the Watch desk rings and you can take an educated guess why. Sometimes you just feel like bashing your head against a wall. And Expedite your're totally right. Increased spacing on final cause the drivers were finding it hard getting off the runway.

aviate1138
31st Jan 2004, 01:28
Jerricho said.....

I wonder how happy the locals around Heathrow were with a moderate stream of arrivals going on till about just after midnight, and departures all night.

*Shakes head again*

Aviate1138 says.....

Why don't the Goverment make houses close to airports available to deaf people?
Solve a lot of problems.

Paid a full price for some peace and quiet.

Aviate1138

Charley B
31st Jan 2004, 15:57
Jerricho
Were you working Weds night ---did you have to do overtime to clear all the late arrivals/deps?

wheelbarrow
2nd Feb 2004, 08:24
Great to see our atc wireless spotters are alive n listening in(prob neglecting the family)

"Able Baker are u wecieving ova?" Wight ohhhh on the vector victor Over!!!

Keep reporting lads........... u may even here me!

Smedley
17th Feb 2004, 04:01
Always carry extra fuel.