PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan for a Loan!

Squak2002
28th Jan 2004, 21:29
Hello,

I have finally started to get the ball rolling with my flying career by arranging an appointment with my local bank manager (Allied Irish Bank) in Dublin. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to include or examples of successful business plans.

I heard the general rule is to blind the manager with facts and figures and some colourful charts wouldn’t go astray. I am looking to get up to €65,000 secured for full time training starting this summer.

Any advice would be great. It’s just a pity that there’s nothing like the HSBC loan over here (that would be too sensible).
Many thanks!!!

Harves
29th Jan 2004, 08:59
Squak,

I may be wrong, but I suspect you do have similar over there... When I took on th HSBC scheme all it meant was £15,000 unsecured but the advantage from a conventional loan was that the interest/repayments were defered until you completed training. The career development loan you could get here from the likes of the Clydesdale was the same except no interest was acrued during training. This was for a max of 8K. I suspect you may be able to find the same.

To be honest, the point of my post was not about this as you have probably heard the same before, but it was to say do NOT secure your house against an airline career. If you have another certain sourse of repayment then go for it otherwise STOP now.

Good luck anyway, but do not sacrifice your home for a possible seat.

Harves