PDA

View Full Version : Virgin recruiting

russianred
27th Jan 2004, 12:01
Virgin plan to recruit up to 50 fo's in the next 6 months . About 30 in the pool already but at least its a start.4 aircraft additional to the fleet by the summer.:

scroggs
27th Jan 2004, 20:04
This isn't news, really - as a visit to 'Terms and Endearments' would show! As none of our Wannabes will have the 2500-3000 hours on commercial or military multi-turbines required by Virgin, it's a bit redundant here, though I'm sure it will be of interest to some - if only to prove that there is some motion in the market!

To expand slightly: the four 'extra' aircraft are a combination of the scheduled deliveries of two A340-600s and the cancellation of the retirement of two A340-300s. It seems likely now that the A340-300s will not be retiring as planned, and that there will be further orders (converted options) for A340-600s and A380s. It is possible that the B777-300ER may be on the wish list later in the decade, but not yet.

Scroggs

Virginia Plane
27th Jan 2004, 21:33
Don't mean to sound at all disrespectful Scroggs but speaking on behalf of myself and a couple of pals in the holding pool (and have been for several months) it's comforting for the subject to reappear. It is also very interesting to hear your synopsis of the current fleet increase.

Chuffer Chadley
27th Jan 2004, 21:52
Splendid!

Good news is good news- opportunities for poeple to move up a bit in the food chain is good for all of us, even those who have logged hours in 3 figures.

Sounds more promising at Virgin- whoopee!

CC

scroggs
28th Jan 2004, 03:53
I understand your point, Virginia but remember that this forum is for newly-qualified and nearly-qualified frozen ATPL peeps, not for multi-thousand hour jet jocks. That's why the place to read the details of this kind of news is in Terms and Endearments - and it has been reported there in the last few weeks, though not in quite the same words as used here.

Scroggs