PDA

View Full Version : Aerofan madrid

razzele
26th Jan 2004, 22:54
Hello PPruners,

I found the Aerofan website in madrid, they seem to have very resonable JAA course prices. Has anyone been there and flown there before or have any knowledge of their pass rates and safety record?

thanks

rmmonteiro
28th Jan 2004, 02:58
try the spanish forum. maby there they know something.

cheers

RMM

pa28biggles
28th Jan 2004, 03:05
razzele,
If you find anything out about Aerofan please let me know. I'm considering doing the IR with them, but not for at least a year.
Gracias.

peb
31st Jan 2004, 17:54
live in Madrid. I have been doing my training in the same airport that Aerofan. And I can say that is joke that flight training. Better try Aeromadrid. this one is not as cheap but it is much better.

bye

pa28biggles
31st Jan 2004, 21:40
Peb,
I don't mind constructive critism - can you tell me why you think Aerofan are a joke. I am thinking about doing my IR their (in about 18 months time).
Thank you.

peb
31st Jan 2004, 23:10
Look I have been told by the students fligth training is not good ( I see them every day). And some of them are in court agaist Areofan. Do not ask me why because I do not know. You can go to www.extracrew.com that is a spanish forum and there you will see the Arofan students for sure. Just make a topic. By the way last topic that was made about Aerofan was deteled by the moderator for some reason that I do nt know eather.

:ok:

mike halls
1st Feb 2004, 04:03
Hi Guys,

I have only heard good things about aerofan, you
hear good and bad about all flight schools really.
Happy Flying

razzele
2nd Feb 2004, 02:41
I believe it to be around 8500euros for multi IR. all of it is airbourne in 172s and a 310.

so u can see my interest...

however it does not mention landing fees approach fees airways charges and a VAT. We have emailed aerofan and asked them about these and the cost of the 310 per hour with no response as of yet. the accomodation on site is of interest too.

put its certainly sounds interesting.

i personally like the MCC course, 40 hrs in a 757 full motion sim, does anyone know if this would beneficial. could i log this time?

peb
2nd Feb 2004, 02:44
by the way the airport where Aerofan operates (Cuatro Vientos)does not have ILS. And you are not allowed to do approchs to Barajas, Torrejon.... So find out where are you going to do this. Make sure that they take you to other airport to do the course because the next airfield where you can do it is 1 hour away. Close airports Badajoz, Valencia and Vallalodid.

pa28biggles
2nd Feb 2004, 15:51
razzele,
I believe it to be around 8500euros for multi IR. all of it is airbourne in 172s and a 310.

Sounds good to me too. I must admit that I am put off by the fact that ILS is not onsite. However the above advantage and the fact that it is not expensive are very favourable. To do the IR at my local airfield would cost at least £10K, with 15hrs airbourne time and the rest in the FNPT(II) sim.
Sadly, you won't be able to log the 757 time in your log book.

Peb,
Thank you for the information.

peb
2nd Feb 2004, 21:15
For 9015,18 Euros you can do it in Aeromadrid

PA28-161 15 hours
PA34-200 18 hours
Simulator ATC-810 25 hours

The thing about this fliht training is that they will take you to Valencia where they have flats and you can spend a few night there. So you can do ILS. Aeromadrid is situated in the same airport than Aerofan.
By the way I do not have any bussines with them.
http://www.aeromadrid.com

You can also check American Flyers (Madrid), AirMed (Valencia), Airman ( they are all over Spain), Aerotec (they are also in several places in Spain).

Any way my advice will be or AirMed, Aeromadrid or American Flyers.

razzele
3rd Feb 2004, 03:19
do you know what the examiner's fee is ?

peb
3rd Feb 2004, 04:58
The examiner's fee is 180 Euros.
Did you know that the big flight trainings in Spain they have their own examiners? I mean that they work for the flight training as instructors. Thats also a good fact.

pa28biggles
3rd Feb 2004, 20:59
Peb,
Thanks for your feedback, it will be useful to me too.

peb
3rd Feb 2004, 22:54
If anyone have any more questios or needs any help about FTOS in Spain (if they are from Madrid I can give much more information) please make a post. Im glad to help

Bye

razzele
20th Feb 2004, 09:24
word of mouth from a chap who left there conveyed some further information to me about training in the madrid area.

i tried to PM the boss of aerofan with no response with these concerning this

atc conversing with traffic in spanish only

i dont know if this could be true but would like to find out !

well thanks for your thoughts ... #

if anyone has anything else to add i am all ears..

peb
20th Feb 2004, 21:23
I must say that I operate in the same airport that AeroFan and I have been doing the comms in english so thats not a problem. It is true that the 95% of the people do it in spanish.

TurboJ
20th Feb 2004, 23:08
I have just finished an ME-IR at Aerofan

1. They are a good school that train students to the same high standards as UK schools.

2. Most of the ATC is in Spanish. If your speak to ATC in English, they will reply in English. (Most of the time)

3. The price of an ME-IR is 8400euros or £6500 35hrs on a C172, 15hrs on C310. The C310 is a great aircraft, rotating at about 85knots !!

4. ILS approaches are done at nearby airports, but they are mainly about 40mins flying time away. These are done on trips to demonstrate IFR flights and therefore form part of the course and incorporate flight management into IFR flying. Although they are a short flight away, I don't believe I am any less trained than anyone else.

5. Cuatro Vientos is a busy airport. You can be queuing for a while, but they don't charge you waiting for 20mins to taxi.

6. The flight tests cost 150euros and are considerably less formal than the UK test. However, I feel more than competent to undertake an IFR flight in the UK.

7. The UK CAA put my ME-IR in my licence within 3 hours and it proves that all JAA states are now one big happy family !!!

8. I have no problems with Aerofan. The instruction is excellent and beats the extortionate price of the UK schools.

willby
20th Feb 2004, 23:50
Hi Turboj,
Please check your pm's. Tks
Willby

razzele
21st Feb 2004, 01:29
Most of the ATC is in Spanish. If your speak to ATC in English, they will reply in English. (Most of the time)

so sometimes they may not respond to english in english?

concordino
21st Feb 2004, 03:06
Hello peb,

I am interested in knowing if American Flyers In Madrid offers to do the FAA ATP-written and practical.

Thank you in advance.

C

peb
21st Feb 2004, 03:27
They do offer to do the FAA ATP-written and practical but I think that they take you to the States to do it ( A few friends of mine have done it this way). Tell me if you want more information about it because I can look for it and tell you all the posibilitys.

concordino
21st Feb 2004, 16:53
Thank you peb,

Could you please confirm that neither the written nor the practical ATP can be done in Spain and that AF send their students to the US for that.

Thank you
C

peb
21st Feb 2004, 21:13
Ok will do. I will know everything by monday or tuesday.

Airchart
22nd Feb 2004, 01:32
Peg,

I have checked up with the Spanish CAA and have been formally told that Aerofan has NEVER been involved in a court case with its students. Why do you lie? Why don't you give them a ring yourself?

The Spanish CAA also confirmed what I had heard about the 5 AeroMadrid students who ended up last month at Aerofan because they were fed up with waiting to fly. This is a fact Peg. Please check up on it.

The truth of the matter is that Aeromadrid is having serious problems which I am not going to discuss here. But I don't think that it's fair to make negative coments on other FTOs such as BAE, Aerofan, Aerotec etc, if you don't know the facts.

If you really work for AeroMadrid, as everyone seems to think, (from the other forums), be a little more discreet...ok?

TurboJ
22nd Feb 2004, 01:43
At Cuatro Vientos, ATC is in Spanish. However, if you call them up for taxi in English, they will reply in English. When they call your aircraft they will call you in English. If there are traffic matters that concern you, they will call you in English.

Having said all that, they do sometimes forget and the instructor can speak both English and Spanish and catches on. However, if you don't reply to their Spanish instruction, they then repeat it in English. The language barrier was never a problem for me doing my ME-IR. Madrid Control are even better, the majority of ATC is in English.

peb
22nd Feb 2004, 01:44
ok what ever you say.
why are you that obsess with areomadrid? I do not work for them or to study.If you dont believe thats ok with me.
Take care

Odlix
23rd Feb 2004, 03:45
I'm a student at AeroMadrid and I have to say I haven't heard of any problems concerning delays with flight training.

As for comparing schools... everyone should come to Cuatro Vientos and check all the schools. As far as I'm concerned, there are only two "real" schools here. AeroMadrid and American Flyers. That's all I can say.

ATC is in spanish but they will always reply in english if contacted in english on the first transmission.

potter5
23rd Feb 2004, 16:07
IR in Spain sounds interesting! Could anybody tell me if I have passed the ATPL exams in the UK will they still be valid in Spain?

Does anybody know the average cost for renting a flat/room out there?

Thanks.

pa28biggles
23rd Feb 2004, 16:10
If you did your ATPL exams in the UK, then you can still obtain a JAR IR in Spain.
I think Aerofan have an agreement with a hotel in Madrid, costing about 35 euros per night.
PA28.

peb
23rd Feb 2004, 18:29
There is many students flats where you can rent a room, the prizes go from 200 to 360 euros a month. when ever you came check it in the boards of the FTOs.